Chapter 35: Her Engagement

*Snore* .........*snore*.......

Magnus looked lovingly at his shadowhunter who was sleeping uncomfortably on the head of the couch.

They were watching a movie on a lazy afternoon which Magnus was enjoying though ....but now it seemed that his Alexander was watching it only to make Magnus happy. Oh ...his shadowhunter always so thoughtful!!

Magnus took Alec's head carefully and placed two cushions under it ...his neck should be a little comfortable.

But his shadowhunter snuggled more into him in his sleep. Magnus smiled and kissed his sleepyhead. He continued to watch the movie.

After about half an hour ....the loft door was knocked .

Alec being a shallow sleeper immediately woke up...and said in hoarse voice

"What...who is it?"

Magnus chuckled and said " Go back to sleep shadowhunter ...I am here to take care of the loft door. "

Alec looked sleepily at Magnus and went back to sleep.

Magnus smiled and nodded his head.

Magnus sprinted to the loft door .

As he opened it one pair of arms pulled him outside the door.

Magnus could not understand  what was happening . He must be  in the process of getting kidnapped. He wanted to tell his dear shadowhunter that he was in trouble. He was about to scream when a hand gagged his mouth.

The hands were soft yet had caluses at places. A lady who uses a lot of weapons. But the kidnapper was not in the mood of taking Magnus anywhere. He was gagged and standing there still. Soon a pair of lips came close to his ears and

"Don't scream ...okay....Tell me ...Is Alec inside? " said a  familiar feminine voice.

"Mmmmmm..mmmm.." said Magnus.

"Oh ...sorry ...I forgot...hee hee.." said the Lady.

The lady moved her hands from Magnus' face and released Magnus too.

Magnus stood staight, facing the Lady and said

" What in the name of Lilith...you think you are doing....Isabelle...? " asked Magnus.

" Magnus ....I really really need you today...." said Isabelle almost pleading.

"Okay .....what is it? " asked Magnus.

" Tell me first ...Is Alec inside? " asked Isabelle.

"Yes...he is ....probably sleeping..." said Magnus.

"Okay ...now the thing is ....Simon has proposed to me and now I am engaged " said Isabelle grinning and showing a beautiful gold ring on her finger.

It took Magnus a few seconds to sink in the information.

He then said " Oh...my ....God..... you are engaged....."

"Yes...." said Isabelle grinning in excitement.

Magnus hugged Isabelle and lifted her up to swirl her around.

" I am so happy ...for you ..." said Magnus putting Isabelle carefully on the ground.

Isabelle laughed and said a thank you.

"But you said ..you need me...what is it....?" asked Magnus remembering the seriousness in Isabelle's voice a few minutes back.

" Yes....actually ...I wanted to tell this to Alec ....I am unsure of his reaction. You know ..he is not so friendly to Simon. And now Simon would be his Brother-in-law...I don't know ...how would he react?
And his reaction means a lot to me..." said Isabelle hesitantly.