Chapter 8: Husband Material

"Magnus ...I am home...."said Alec opening the door of the loft.

He kept his keys on the rack and also hung his jacket on the coat-hanger.

"Magnus ...where are you ?" asked Alec again .

"I am in the home-office ....can't come now ....caught up in a potion making business...have to stay here for another few hours."shouted Magnus from his workplace-cum-study.

"Okay ...no problem...take your time...I will not disturb you."said Alec from the living room.

Alec went to the bedroom and took his towel and went straight to the bathroom ....a long hot-water bath was the immediate requirement.

Alec used his favourite Magnus' Indian sandalwood shampoo and it relaxed him more giving at least an illusion of Magnus' proximity.

After finishing a slow,long ,soothing and relaxing bath Alec changed into his pajamas. He could hear sounds of clanking of metals from Magnus' worplace and underatood that Magnus was still working.

Alec went to the kitchen to prepare the dinner. He fished through the fridge and brought all the ingredients he would require . He was going to make Magnus' favourite Indonesian cuisine for the dinner.He put the pan ...took the rice ...started washing the rice for boiling ....when all of a sudden he heard a loud  noise from the workplace ....he left everything there and ran to the workplace with the speed of a shadowhunter.

Thick smoke was coming out from the place ...nothing to be seen through the dark .

"Magnus...where are you ?...Are you alright ? Answer me...." asked Alec as he was cutting through the darkness slowly.

After going for a few steps ...something touched his feet ...Alec could see well in the darkness ,one of the perks of being a shadowhunter. He looked down and found Magnus lying on the floor.

"Oh by the Angel ....Magnus ..."said Alec.

He crouched down . Magnus was lying there with all his clothes tattered because of the explosion . His hands and parts of front upper body was badly burnt . Alec carried an unconscious and injured Magnus to the bedroom and made him to lie down on the bed. He pulled out his phone and dialed Catarina's number.

Cat: Hey Alec....

Alec:Cat ...its Magnus ...just hurry to the loft ...quick.

Alec disconnected the phone.

He held Magnus' hand and tried to check his vitals . The pulse was little fast but his heart-beat was stable.

Soon Cat burged into the bedroom .

Cat:" What happened exactly? "

Alec:" Explosion while making potion ".

Cat then used her magic to heal the burnt areas of the warlock quick . The wounds were healed by Cat's magic. Magnus was still unconscious.

A visibly worried Alec said "Why is he not awake ?"

Cat : " When the explosion took place he might have used much of his energy already ...so his body would require time to heal . But there is a way to make him heal faster ."

Alec : " What is it ? "

Cat : " A potion . "

Alec :" Tell me the ingredients ...I will make it for him " .

Cat : " Yes I can tell you the ingredients but it requires some sacrifice ....will you be able to do that ? "

_________________________________

Magnus'eyes fluttered open and he saw Alec standing before him .

Alec : "Are you feeling good now? "

Magnus : " Feeling very good. How long was I out ?  "

Alec :" Not much ...just yesterday night and today morning...you are healing fast . "

Magnus: " That's strange ...after draining myself of all energy  and   enduring the explosion ...I should have been out for at least four to five days to regain my energy . "

Alec : " Here ....you have to take this...a potion which Cat told me to make for you ".

Alec sat in front of Magnus on the bed and started to make Magnus drink the potion from the small glass.

" Why are you looking so weak ? " asked Magnus to  Alec who was wearing a full sleeved T-shirt.

Alec : " I was worried sick for you from the last night ...how do you expect me to be?"

Magnus drank the whole potion .It tasted like iron .

Alec wiped Magnus' lips with a napkin.

Magnus : " It tasted so bad ....what potion is it ? "

Alec looking at Magnus ..." I don't know actually ...Catarina just gave me the recipe and told me to give to you six times in the night and another six times if you don't wake up on time in the morning."

Magnus who was now feeling really good as if nothing had happened to him asked in a thoughtful voice:
" A potion to be given to a warlock six times at a go to gain back his energy ....it is ...it is...Rejuvenating Potion " .

Then as if something dawned on Magnus like lightning he pulled Alec's hands towards him and rolled up the sleeves of his T-shirt.

Magnus in teary voice : " Alexander....what have you done?"

There were deep cut marks all over Alec's hands . He must have cut himself with his seraph blade. The Rejuvenating potion requires half litre of a shadowhunter's blood in every feed. Also on a condition that the shadowhunter should not use an iratze in the process .So Alec  had already fed six litres of his own blood to Magnus.

Magnus: " That explains ...why you are so weak .....you should not have done this... "

Alec : " Magnus ....I am all yours ...and that includes my blood too ...so your health is much more important than a little of my blood. That was your last feed any way ...now I can use an iratze ."

Magnus crashed his lips on Alec's lips. Alec welcomed the much awaiting kiss from his now healthy husband . He was worried sick through out the night and the morning when Magnus was not waking up.

Alec pulled apart from the kiss and asked frowning his eyebrows " Do I taste that bad ? "

Magnus said, " To be honest ...yes".

Alec crossed his arms over his chest and declared " I am offended. "

Magnus held Alec's chin with one  finger and said " Alexander....you are really a husband material ."

Saying this Magnus embraced Alec into another of their loving kiss.