Chapter 13: Twist

Glancing around, Caroline noticed that no one was with her now. Atlas and Oscar isn't here, after another check, Caroline immediately sneaked out.

'Thanatos should be still here somewhere, he wouldn't leave so quickly', Caroline thought to herself and ran into the maze garden.

Soon, she realized that she was lost in this big garden. Caroline helplessly sigh and gave up the idea of seeking for Thanatos.

Before she even step forward, a long shiny blade appear out of nowhere and was pressed against her fair neck.

Caroline didn't even have a chance to react as the other opponent has advantage. No matter how much training she received, Caroline was no different from your typical girl.

"Are you another mouse sent by my beloved uncle?" His voice was colder than snow.

"T-Thanatos..." Caroline whispered his name, trembling with fear. W-what is wrong with him...?

He was fine the other day...so why?

"Ah...I'm sorry. It was only you..." Thanatos withdraw his sword and put it back inside its sheath.

Returning back to her sense, Caroline inhaled shaprly, acting as if she had never breath before. It was her first time to face someone so scary.

Urgh, stupid game.....Caroline cursed inside her mind.

"So, why are you here? Aren't you suppose to attend the ball? Why are you here with a horrible murder like me?" His lip curved into a smile, it wasn't a pure smile out of joy though.

"I-I was worried about you! I just wanna see if you're okay..." Bowing her head down, Caroline said with a sad frown on her face.

Thanatos did not show any specific emotion. He kept staring at her with blank eyes. Silent filled the garden as her golden hair started to flutter by the sudden wind.

The long golden hair glowed under the moonlight making it look like a golden thread, Thanatos went closer to her and lift her chin to see those two pair of emerald eyes.

The round innocent eyes fascinated him greatly as he leaned closer until she fell down onto the ground. His lip curved into a smirk and said

"Heaven already decided to send me down to hell, so it's not a problem if I take you with me." With that, Thanatos pressed his lip on hers with passion.

Caroline didn't lose any sense, she tried to kick him away but he grabbed her leg easily. He pulled away and twirling her golden hair, watching her catch her breath.

"Y-you must be crazy...." Tears slip down from her eyes as Thanatos lifted from the ground, carrying her in a bridal style.

"You don't like it.... Well, I suppose you only like fame and wealth." His eyes turned into a glare making her shivered.

W-what does he mean....? Caroline shook her head and tried to get down. Her dress was now dirty and her hair was messy.

"Don't act foolish, your fake innocence only make me disgusted."

His word made her shock. F-fake innocence...? Did someone feed him dog's leftover food or what?!! Whatever he said now, she has to get away from him.

"Let me go!! I don't understand a single thing you're saying!!!" Caroline struggled like a fish on a land, Thanatos slipped her down on purpose earning a scream from her.

He wrapped his arm around her waist before she fell down and chomp on her neck.

"Ahhhh!!!!" Her scream was so loud that noise from the banquet stopped. Caroline bit her lip and scratch his back as hard she could.

There is no way she would let him assaulted her freely like this. He has to pay the consequences.

However, Thanatos didn't soften. He bit harder the moment she scratched him. He moved to another place and bit it as well.

5 minutes later, Caroline gradually lost her strength. Her neck, collar, shoulder was covered by bites and bruises. It didn't take a long time for her to faint.

Before darkness take over her world, all she hear was,

"If I have the chance, everything in this empire will belong to me....even you." After that, Caroline lost conscious.

Caroline dreamed she was floating on the water. It was so cold... She needed warmth... A warm embrace...

"Carol! Caroline!!!" However, she was pulled by someone as her consciousness took over her.

She saw her mother...her father who...looked very exhausted. The sound of crying enter her ears.

"Mother...father...?" She tried to say it out loud but she was too weak.

"Caroline!!!!!" Her mother cried out in happiness and hug her tightly. Her father tiredly sit down on her bed as he hid his face with his hands.

Everyone seem to look overjoyed. Caroline returned the hug with tear trailed down on her face.

"Mom... Dad...."