Chapter 34: Vanessa Thomas

"Oh my, isn't this the rumour lady Caroline?!"

"I heard about you from my mother. My Mother always said that you would stayed inside a library, studying 24hr. How marvellous!"

"Eyes as bright as the emerald, hair bright as the gold. You really are beautiful! Crown prince is really lucky to have you!!"

First of all, how does my information spread to the outside world?

Second, I did not stay up all night studying inside a library. I read the romance to gain knowledge and to avoid people whenever my mother have a party.

Third, I am indeed beautiful, thank you. But I thought they would said I am lucky to have the crown prince as my fiance. Usually, male leads have more impact. Did the male lead's handsomeness collapse ?

This is my first time meeting girls around my age. 3 years ago was a bit hard as I only stick around with Oscar and Atlas then chased after Thanatos.

The girls aren't as bad I thought. They seem no different from average teenage unless you stole their boyfriends or idol.

However, even if I have this much attention, the star of this event is Vanessa Thomas. The female lead's friend.

She is indeed have the innocent look. Round eyes like doll, a beautiful face and a small lip. However, just like inside the otome game, this Vanessa kept bragging about her fiance.

Kyle is really handsome!

Kyle seem to be busy with his works...I wish he would come...

Kyle likes my food so much!!! I'm so happy!!

Seriously!!! Is this a tea party or BRAGGING ABOUT LORD KYLE PARTY?!!!!!

"Lady Vanessa, Shall we talk about how your academy study going?"

On the other hand, Cecilia was secretly cracking the cookie under the table while maintaining a pretty smile on her face. Man...Cecilia is really honest here...it made me remind of the sharp tongue Villainess Caroline who doesn't give a single fuck about the heroine and her friend.

I know I may have befriend Lisa but she will defend Vanessa and befriend her soon. Now...let's watch the event unravel before my very own clear new eyes.

"That's right. I'm really interested in your study! I heard our empire's academy is really hard. To have lady Vanessa studied inside there, you definitely have to tell us how hard it was!"

....

(K: I hope I don't get copyright strike for using this pic lmao

(K: I hope I don't get copyright strike for using this pic lmao. Webtoon: Please throw me away. I really recommend this one if you want to read something about a fuck up family which you could never forgive. ML is handsome, trust me)

B-b-B-

h O W?!!!!!

I know I have already destroyed the main core of the game by turning myself into an important side kick but to change the heroine too is way too illegal.

She's definitely hit Vanessa in her ass. Speaking about her studies in Zariya Academy is no different from splashing hot oil on her face.

Vanessa's father is the prime minister, he has many connection inside and outside the capital. Of course, that's include the academy of Zariya as well.

Vanessa really wanted to study in that academy, why? tO bE WiTH hER kYLE. Just how annoying this couple is!!! I really wish to slam both of them on the ground but now one of them is in front of me.

Would I become the new Caroline by not doing except drinking tea and eating cake?

Ducking NO

Why would I waste my one perfect chance anyway?

I already have the positive side of these ladies, of course I'm not afraid. Even the heroine and the (so called) Villainess's friend is here.

When Vanessa is struggling to reply, I immediately strike the iron while it's hot.

"Oh my, really?! I did not know that lady Vanessa studied there. I have always wanted to study in that academy too, you really are lucky. But that's because you have high IQ brain. Someone have already planned to send me there but maybe because the emperor announced me as prince Oscar's fiancee, I cannot study there now."

Just like how I expected, Vanessa was shaking in embarrassment. That someone is obviously her father. He knew that my father's connection with the emperor were in a weak spot, he also strike the iron while it's hot.

Vanessa is his daughter, so she definitely knew about my scholarship that her father is preparing.

Even if I'm the prince's fiance, I could still attend that academy but no. Her father already have his daughter studied there.

I'm not a nice person, you know. I don't like my property being stolen. Especially someone I already dislike.

But, aren't I thief too? I stole Caroline's parents, love and most beloved person. If her soul does exist, will she forgive me or will she burst and slap me across the face?

On our way back home, we dropped Lisa at her mansion and return home. I look down and ask Cecilia who is eating the meat grilled barbecue that she bought when she saw it across the street.

"Say...if you died and your soul is still wandering around, someone's soul suddenly replaced yours then they gained everything you did not have when you were alive...what would you do?"

Because I was looking down, I could not see Cecilia's expression. But she placed her right clean hand and said.

"Why would I care? I already died in the first place. That body is no longer mine, so is my parents and property. I don't care, as long as I have freedom and happiness on my own, I'm good to live until I died or disappear in whatever form I am inside."

Would Caroline think that way too...?

"Thanks dude." I elbow her shoulder and eat the barbecue meat she gave me.

I have published a new work now!

It's call "One useless reincarnation" (∩_∩)

Again, another reincarnation you thought?

Hah! My latest creation won't disappoint ya if you like to see something new and not related to otome game and stuff :)

Oh, but I would probably still brag about how Gavin and Kiro is the best cinnamon roll ever lolol