5

"Hey, Hoseokie. I'm going to visit a friend today. Wanna come with?" Jimin asked patting Hoseok's chest the next morning.

"Sure," Hoseok muttered sleepily. "I'd love to meet your friends." 

"Okay, I'll call him." Jimin reached over and grabbed his phone from the bedside table. Humming a small tune as he scrolled through his contacts until he found his friend's name, pressing the green call button. 

The phone rung for a moment before a nice woman answered. "Hello, Jimin!"

"Hello Mrs. Jeon, may I talk to Jungkook?" Jimin asked politely.

"Yes, of course, passing the phone over to him now." Jimin waited until Jungkook spoke as there was a shuffling sound of the phone being passed over. 

"Hello? Jimin?" Jungkook's voice questioned through the phone. 

"Hey, Kook!" Jimin chirped. "I was wondering if it would be okay if I came over later, there is someone... pretty important I want you to meet." He smiled looking at Hoseok who smiled back. 

"Yeah! That would be great!" Jungkook told. 

"Alright Kook, see you soon!" Jimin said hearing the same shuffling as before.

"Bye, Jimin! See you later!" Mrs. Jeon told before ending the call. 

~

Jimin skipped up to the doorstep and knocked on the door. "I think you'll like Jungkook." He smiled at Hoseok. 

"Well, I like a lot of people." Hoseok smiled. "But I like you the most."

"Aww." Jimin smiled giving a peck to Hoseok's lips as the door opened. 

"Hello, Jimin! And..." Mrs. Jeon raised an eyebrow. 

"Hoseok." Hoseok shook the lady's hand.

Jimin looked at Mrs. Jeon, wondering how to tell her. "Well, that's a lovely green blouse you have on Mrs. Jeon." He complimented with a knowing sneaky smile.

"Oh thank you. I do think it's very lovely indeed... Wait! Did you-" Mrs. Jeon asked in shock while Jimin nodded unable to conceal his grin. "Him?" She asked pointing to Hoseok to which they both nodded. "CONGRATULATIONS!" Mrs. Jeon threw her arms around them. "Jungkook is in the living room! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear!"

Jimin nodded and lead Hoseok into the family's living room. A boy sat on the couch seemingly looking at the TV. Not reacting to them entering the room. The boy had long-ish black hair and wore all grey. 

Jimin sat beside Jungkook. "Hey, Kook. It's me Jimin. I'm here on your left. There is someone else in the room. He's standing in front of you, slightly to your right."

"Hi," Jungkook told patting the couch beside him until he came into contact with Jimin, running his hand along Jimin's arm until he found Jimin's hand. He ran his thumb over Jimin's hand a few times before removing his hand. "So who else is here?" 

And that's when it clicked in Hoseok's head. Jungkook was blind.

"His name is Hoseok. He's my soulmate." Jimin told trying to keep his voice calm and steady but he couldn't help but get excited. 

Jungkook turned his head slightly to his left trying to look where Jimin sat. "That's great!" Jungkook smiled turning his head to the right. "Hello." He stuck his hand out for a handshake. 

Hoseok took Jungkook's hand making the younger's head finally turn in the right direction. "I'm Hoseok." 

Jungkook seemed taken aback by his voice. "I would have imagined your voice different." He told standing up. Jungkook ran his finger's over Hoseok's hand, carefully feeling each finger and around his palm and wrist. "This might be weird but... Do you mind if I feel your face? It help's me imagine what you look like."

"No I don't mind," Hoseok told as Jungkook stepped a little closer. The younger feeling up Hoseok's arms. Hoseok carefully guided Jungkook's hands up to his face. 

Jungkook brushed his finger's against Hoseok's jawline, rubbing his thumb mentally along Hoseok's cheek. "You have... Soft skin. And a strong jawline. Nice cheekbones too. You are also... Taller than Jimin?" Jungkook delicately felt around Hoseok's features, careful not to poke his eyes.

Hoseok nodded before realizing Jungkook couldn't see him. "Yes. I am taller. How'd you guess?"

"When I feel Jimin, my hands are lower," Jungkook told letting his hands drop to his sides. He tapped his foot behind him a few times feeling for the couch and sitting back down.

"Do you mind if I ask questions?"Hoseok asked sitting down beside Jungkook.

"Nope." Jungkook hummed patting around Hoseok's side before nodding to himself. "Ask away."

"Were you always blind?" Hoseok asked and was surprised when Jungkook shook his head.

"No," Jungkook told sadly. "I used to see in black and white. Then one day in middle school everything suddenly faded away while I was cleaning the dishes in the kitchen. I started screaming and crying, my parents rushed over and took me to the ER. My soulmate had died that day."

Hoseok couldn't help that a small gasp left his lips, Jimin reaching over to squeeze his hand, having heard the story before. 

"Although most of the time people only continue to see in black and white there are a few very rare cases when someone goes blind," Jungkook explained. "So I learned how to read brail and now I use a guide stick to walk around outside the house. I am almost never alone, accompanied by my friends or family." Jungkook told gesturing past Jimin, where Hoseok saw a long white cane lay in the corner of the room. "I can sense light or the absence of it most of the time."

"Do you have hobbies?" Hoseok asked.

"I like to sing. I like a lot of things involving music, you don't need to see to know how much emotion the piece was composed with." Jungkook smiled. "Before I lost my sight I really enjoyed filming." 

Hoseok kept nodding even though Jungkook couldn't see his reactions. "Do you miss your sight?" 

"Yes, of course. But I've also spent nearly half my life now without it. Even when I could see I couldn't see the colors my parents describe to me so... In a way, I never saw. And I grieve for someone I never met." Jungkook hummed. "Jimin can you pass me my cane," Jungkook asked holding his arm out. 

Jimin hopped up and placed the cane in Jungkook's hand. "Here you go." 

"Thank you," Jungkook told situating the cane in his left hand, holding his right hand out in front of him. "I've gotten used to the spacing of the house. Like the coffee table is right here." Jungkook told tapping the table with his cane. He took a few steps around the table and walked until he found the entrance to the living room. Patting the doorway with his hand. "And the doorway. We have labels in brail around the house just in case I need them."

Jungkook continued to talk about his daily life as Hoseok and Jimin followed him around, the three got along well. Jungkook stayed with his parents but still managed to be vastly independent. The youngest quite proud of the freeing feeling of not needing caretakers. Sure his parents helped him a lot because what parents wouldn't want to nurture their child forever, but Jungkook was okay doing things on his own. 

Hoseok was glad to meet Jungkook, he learned a lot from the younger, and couldn't wait to spend more time with Jimin and his friend. 

~

My youth and government conference got canceled cause of Miss Rona. But like- OUT OF ALL YEARS TO DISCUSS GLOBAL EVENTS AND HOW TO FIX THE FUTURE. YOU'D THINK 2020 WOULD BE THE YEAR TO DO THAT. NO? 

I'm like conflicted because, on one hand, you don't want 500+ students to gather in one building. On the other hand, THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS TO TALK ABOUT LIKE ALL THIS SHIT IS GOING ON COME ON MAN-