15

Jungkook clutched the side of his head in pain, everything was so bright and it hurt his head to process. He had gone from seeing everything in black to seeing spots of white to seeing everything in white. 

He wasn't having a stroke or something was he?

"Jungkook are you okay?" Jimin asked, looking at the younger in concern. 

Jungkook nodded as he rubbed his temples trying to soothe his headache. "I'll be okay."

"Are you sure?" Jimin asked, not quite convinced by the younger's nodding. "Don't worry, we are really close to Seoul, we can get you some water and painkillers."

"Alright, thank's Hyung." Jungkook cracked a small smile, keeping his eyes squeezed tight. His head hurt, why was this happening to him? What was happening to him?

He felt the train slow to a stop as he heard people began to stand up and shuffle around. Jimin took his hand and helped Jungkook stand up and make it off the train. The older placing Jungkook near a lamppost as he ran off to find water. 

Jungkook held onto the lampost resting his head on it as his headache got worse. He tried to crack open his eyes but was only met with what he could describe as white light, a few blotches of grey in his peripheral vision. 

Jungkook squinted his eyes as he continued to cling to the lampost. Those grey blotches were... moving? Jungkook shut his eyes again as another particular strong pain from his headache shot through his skull. He wondered if people around him were giving him weird looks, some random kid with a log white stick, in pain, clasping a lampost like his lifeline. 

The young male brought his hand to his forehead as he rubbed it trying to figure out what was going on. He cracked open his eyes again, the same moving grey blobs still there. Jungkook sighed and dropped his hand, jumping at the action. He carefully brought his hand back up to his face, noticing how a large grey blob came back into sight. 

Jungkook began moving his fingers and waving his hand watching as the blurry blobs before him seemed to move at the same time. 

"JIMIN!" He yelled startling a few people around him. "JIMIN HYUNG!" Jungkook yelled louder as he squeezed his eyes shut. 

He heard someone approach him. "Sorry Jungkook, here I got water. I should've taken you with me." Jungkook recognized Jimin's voice. "What was I thinking leaving a blind kid alone in a new city..." Jungkook squinted his eyes at Jimin as he rambled.

"Jimin..." Jungkook muttered as he continued to squint, trying to get his friends face into focus. He was just so... Blurry. Everything was so bright. Why was it so bright?

"Yeah?" Jimin questioned tilting his head. "Are you okay? Do you need anything else?" 

"Jimin?" Jungkook continued to mutter as he looked at the talking grey blob before him. 

"Yeah?" Jimin repeated, staring at the younger. "Are you okay? Do you need a hospital?"

Jungkook sighed thinking it over for a moment. "I... Maybe?" He questioned hesitantly.

"Alright, we're going!" Jimin declared taking the younger by the hand and dragging him out of the subway. 

Jungkook hissed at the light of the outside world. "Why is it so bright?" He asked shutting his eyes. 

Jimin raised an eyebrow at him and placed his sunglasses over Jungkook's face. "See if that helps?" He asked. Jungkook nodded as he followed where the other lead him. 

They eventually made their way to an emergency clinic where they were asked to wait. Jungkook kept waving his hands in front of his face is confusion. What were these splotchy blobs he was seeing? Were they really his hands?

He didn't have cataracts, did he? Do cataracts even affect your vision if you are supposedly already blind? 

A nurse took Jungkook and Jimin back as she started asking questions. "So under reason for visit, you put, seeing grey blobs? May you please elaborate?"

Jungkook cleared his throat. "Um, I've been blind nearly half my life, because my soulmate died. But today I keep getting really bad headaches and I started seeing weird grey and white blobs." He explained.

"Can you take off your sunglasses for me?" The nurse asked as Jungkook held them out in the air, Jimin quickly grabbing them. She looked into Jungkook's eyes and shined a small light in.

Jungkook hissed as squeezed his eyes closed. "Bright." He muttered. 

"Did things seem very bright from the moment this started happening?" She asked.

Jungkook nodded. "I thought it was someone flashing their phone. Or maybe a broken flickering light." 

"Does everything look like blobs, or does everything have a shape but look vaguely blurry?"

"A little bit of both. If I squint I can see a little bit more definition." Jungkook told as he squinted at objects around the room. 

The nurse smiled as she placed her clipboard on an adjacent table. "Well, I think I have good news. It seems you are regaining your vision."

"WAIT! REALLY? DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE ANOTHER SOULMATE?" Jungkook beamed as he couldn't hold still. 

"I believe it does. Your eyes are going to be very sensitive to light for a while. Your vision will continue to get better as time progresses. Even then, you might not have perfect vision, I recommend you see an optometrist in case you need glasses or contacts." The nurse said as she placed an item in Jungkook's hands. "These are better sunglasses for light sensitivity, they give you much better coverage. Be sure to wear them. I'm sure you weren't planning on it but I do have to tell you that you shouldn't drive or operate machinery with these on."

Jungkook nodded unable to keep a smile off his face. Another soulmate? Another chance at a happy life! Another chance to see in color! He finally felt like his life started again. 

Sure he didn't really care about being blind at the time but now that he was getting his vision back slowly he couldn't care less about the fact he used to be blind. 

Jungkook and Jimin thanked the nurse and paid at the front desk. 

Jimin smiled at his friend who still walked with his right arm out in front of him as if to brace himself. "Congrats Kook!" He hummed.

"Thanks! Now I think it's time to do what we came here for."

~

Today's question is, have you ever unstanned a group before?

I'm kinda scared to give my answer because people are going to get mad.