5

I sigh softly sitting at the bench of the piano, Edward and Bella were due back in a few hours

I sigh softly sitting at the bench of the piano, Edward and Bella were due back in a few hours. Jasper sat on the couch a book in his hand reading quietly. I lift the top off the piano, my fingers hovering over the keys while I thought about the melody that had haunted me since my time in the Volturi. I put my fingers on the ivory keys before pushing the keys down. Jasper glanced up at me not having heard this specific melody. He closes his book, placing it on the glass table as I slowly played the melody. He perched himself next to me on the bench making my nerves thump, if I was human my heart would've likely beat out of control, giving me away to my butterflies I got when Jasper was around.

We can build a treehouse in the pine trees
We can keep our secrets buried underneath
Wildflowers crush between your fingers
Clinging to the wild things that raised us

I let out, the first time I'd really sung since returning from Italy. I knew this song was about him, I knew it from the moment I'd written the first verse. At the time I'd written it as an acknowledgment of the fact I thought I would never see him again. Jasper's golden eyes lingered on my face any unspoken truth I'd held was being acknowledged through my song.

Compass points you home,
Calling out from the east
Compass points you anywhere
Closer to me

A life we could've had, that's what this song meant to me. The lyrics tumbled out of my mouth softly as I got into the words. I knew Jasper was with me and my echo of pain was unnecessary because we were together again but I worried it would happen again. Not even Alice's visions could protect us from the uncertainty my head held.

If we make it out alive from the depths of the sea
Compass points you anywhere
Closer to me
Where you are, I will be
Miles high, in the deep
Where you are, I will be
Anywhere, in between

Then again I knew no matter what I'd always come back for him, he would always pull me back to him because we were magnets. We were meant for each other and that was final. I was his, and he was mine, that was set in stone. We had forever.

Take me to the garden of your ecstasy
Make myself a headband from your fallen leaves
Woven in the fabric of your tapestry
Cover me in honeysuckle memories

My love for him was forever and that much I knew, no matter what uncertainty I held. I would always need him, just as I would always need Bella. They were my world and I couldn't imagine living in it without them. I got back into the chorus where I begged to be back with him. Everything in me called for him, but my head took over, preventing me from finding him and being happy again.

I will take the pieces, put them back together
Even when the grass isn't green enough
Taking all the branches, build ourselves a mansion
Love you in the way that you needed love
Where you are, I will be
Miles high, in the deep
Where you are, I will be
Anywhere, in between

My fingers stopped on the keys, the house deadly quiet and I knew everyone was listening. I look up at Jasper who took my hand in his placing a kiss on my fingers. "I forgive you," He said quietly, I exhale knowing that's what I wanted and needed to hear. That the dream of a life I want could possibly be ours. I turned to him, placing my hands on either side of his head, kissing him softly before pulling away, leaning my forehead against his. "I love you," He whispers placing a soft kiss on the tip of my nose. I didn't say anything but I knew he knew that the motion was returned.