38

Alice had taken Bella and Edward to their new house, leaving me with the deserted wedding magazines and wedding planning

Alice had taken Bella and Edward to their new house, leaving me with the deserted wedding magazines and wedding planning. I sighed taking a seat in front of Jasper going through all of our previous plans. "What do you think?" I ask Jasper showing him the pictures of different types of flowers.

"Peonies," He answers without looking, I smile thinking back to the first few months of knowing each other, the walk through the greenhouse, and one of our first normal conversation. I lean down over him putting my hand on his chin bringing him up for a kiss.

"Ever the charmer," I tease and he smirks kissing me again. I pull away leaning back into the couch and marking the book Alice had given me to make plans. I flip through more of the magazines and making notes.

__________________________________________

I sat at the table with Carlisle and Emmett still going through the magazines looking at different dresses that I thought I might love. Bella and Edward came up the stairs. "Wow," Emmett drawls out "Done already?" He asks and I laugh looking at my sister who ignores him.

"Wheres Renesmee?" Bella asks

"Blondie stole her," Jacob says pausing on his sandwich

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett asks

"Emmett, no," We all laugh

"When I first turned Jasper and I ended up breaking one of his bookshelves... and my side table," I shrug "There's no shame in it," I wink

"How? You know what I don't want to know," Bella starts but doesn't finish and I laugh flipping the page of my magazine when all happiness stopped as the phone rang. Bella moves from Edward. "Is that Charlie?" Bella asks as we all look glum.

"He's been calling twice a day," Edward says I say grabbing the phone as everyone tells Bella that she'd have to make a decision about whether or not to tell dad that she was gone. We weren't sure she could really control herself around him, being around him for such long periods of time.

"Hey dad," I answer

"Lil, hey," You could hear his sadness that Bella hadn't spoken to him in days. "How is she,"

"I'm not sure," I lie "She hasn't really been up for conversation," I lie again he sighs

"I need to know she's okay," Dad's voice breaks and I look over to Bella who looked heartbroken.

"I know dad, I know," I whisper "I'll call you when I hear something, okay?" I hear him sniffle

"Okay, I love you, Lil,"

"I love you too dad," We exchange goodbyes and I hang up the phone. I look to Bella.

"We have to tell him I didn't make it, I don't know if I can risk his life," She admits "I almost didn't stop myself earlier with the human on the mountain," I sigh but nod understanding.

"He needs to mourn," Edward said.

"We'll do it tomorrow," Carlisle says and everyone agrees

"I'm going to miss this place," Emmett says

"We'll come back, we always do," Carlisle reassures

"Wait, nobody said anything about leaving," Jacob says

"Once people believe that Bella dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her," Carlisle points out

"So you're just going to disappear?"

"God you're insufferable," I mumble "We don't have a choice. If they see Bella everyone's in danger, Charlie, Renesmee, us," Jacob shakes his head and leaves without saying anything else. I roll my eyes. "Your best friend really needs a kick in the teeth," I say and Bella smiles finding humor in my statement.