47

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up, proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazor stands before all of us, everyone thinks about what he's saying looking within their own coven, thinking about who...

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up, proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazor stands before all of us, everyone thinks about what he's saying looking within their own coven, thinking about who Aro would take from them. My eyes shift between Jasper, Edward, and Bella. I would be a fool to think the list wouldn't include me.

"So he's done this before?" Bella asks

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazor said, sounding annoyed that he hadn't realized it before.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claimed are repentant," Carlisle spoke now

"This person always has an ability, and they're always given a place with the guard," I look at my sister who looked just as nervous as I did.

"This is all about Alice," Edward comments

"And you, and Bella," I comment he nods in agreement

"Its likely why she left," Bella adds the dots connecting in her head.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett speaks up in confusion

"To spread the word that justice has been served," Alistair says, "After he slaughters an entire coven," Every coven in the room get closer to their mates. Jasper, who was sat on the couch, puts his hand on my thigh, I sat above him on the arm of the couch. I look down at him, the doom I'd felt for the last few days still active within me. I move my eyes to look at Bella who looked at me. All of this for greed. Amun, an Egyptian vampire, moves to leave. His mate, Kebi, following close behind.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving," He orders

"And where will you go?" Edward asks, "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift," I watch Tanya's eyes shift to her sister protectively, "Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment its power. Its acquisition, Carlisle, might not ask you to fight, but I will, for the sake of my family, and also for yours," I slip my fingers through Jaspers for the first time in days the dread in my stomach loosened. Hope peeked through. "And for the way you want to live," Silence enclaved us. Suddenly Jacob stands.

"The packs will fight," He says, "We've never been afraid of vampires," I watch Tanya's group stand

"We will fight," Tanya speaks for them

"This won't be the first time I fought a kings rule," Garrett says with a smile

"We'll join you," Benjamin says and Amun looks at him with anger.

"No," Amun argues

"I will do the right thing Amun, You may do as you please," Benjamin tells his leader who doesn't argue. Bella stands and I follow her lead.

"We will stand with you," Senna says for her and her sister.

"So will we," Siobhan from the Irish coven says her coven nods in agreement. Peter and Charlotte step forward only offering a nod. A few of the other nomads do the same. I look at Jasper who stood with me, he offers me a smile.

"That didn't take much," Vladimir comments

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Edward says

"I don't think it will," I say "I'm no Alice, but it doesn't feel like it will," I tell him, and he nods, appreciating the statement.

"We'll see," Alistair comments.