39

"Look, I solved a problem! You were leaving, what did you expect me to do?" Jacob defends, telling our father about the existence of the wolves

"Look, I solved a problem! You were leaving, what did you expect me to do?" Jacob defends, telling our father about the existence of the wolves. I glared at him, we all stood outside of the house. I wanted nothing more than to kick his teeth in.

"You don't realize the danger you've put him in!" Bella argues her blood-red eyes gleaming with rage at her best friend. "The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us," She informs him.

"No, I didn't tell him about you, just me," He informs, "I only said you were different,"

"So much better, yeah, please give our older, very human father a heart attack," I snark

"You also told him we had a niece, that we adopted,"

"He's not just gonna, let that go, Jake," Bella says

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through? It'll be like sticking a white-hot branding iron down her throat," Jacob recoils not have realized that. "And that's assuming she can control her thirst," Bella also looks up, not realizing this as well.

"Look, Charlie's been through hell, and I know you'll be much happier with him in your life,"

"Oh, you're gonna act like you did this for us. Do not pretend you did this for anyone but yourself, like always. Jacob, the only reason I haven't dismembered you, is because Dads going to be here soon. Count your blessings, Jacob, soon I won't have the patience for you," I threaten Bella, grabbing me to stop me from harming him.

"I'm sorry you all feel that way. But you're right he's going to be here in ten minutes," I groan

"10 minutes? Jacob, I swear to god," I look at Bella, "Come on, we have a lot of work to do,"

__________________________________________

"These will irritate your eyes at first," Alice says, putting brown contacts into Bella's red eyes.

"The main thing is not to move too fast," Carlisle instructs.

"Try taking a seat, crossing your legs," Bella does as Esme says but runs across the room causing the chair to slip back and slowly crossing her legs like it was alien to her. I sigh, "Maybe a tad slower," Esme says, and Carlisle lifts his hand, squinting his fingers to show how much slower.

"Blink at least 3 times a minute," Alice lists Bella does this and again it looks alien. "Good," Alice praises

"For a cartoon character," Jacob comments

"Hold your breath, it will help with the thirst," Carlisle says, and I watch Bella's shoulders halt movement.

"Just don't forget to move your shoulders, so it looks like you're breathing," Edward inputs. Bella does so.

"And don't sit too straight humans, don't do that," Rose adds Bella slouches and makes a face standing up quickly.

"Okay, I got it, move around, blink, slouch," She looks at us and everyone's face mirrored the same worry, though Edward laughs.

"You got this Bells, "I comment, and she gives me a grateful smile. Everyone hears the creak of the old police car telling us he was here. I move toward her squeezing her hand as Carlisle let Charlie into the house. I was close by, greeting my dad with a hug. "I was gonna call," I lied, "Jacob obviously beat me to it," I say, with hidden grit but give him another hug, "She's home," I say, and he returns the hug tightly.

"Where is she?" He asks

"Living room," I tell him, "She's waiting for you," I whisper him, and he nods turning to look for her. I sigh looking at Jasper, who entered sensing my anger at Jacob. He grasps my hand pulling into the family room where Emmett was watching football.