13

I watched leaning up against a tree and Jasper and Emmett wrestled

I watched leaning up against a tree and Jasper and Emmett wrestled. I watched Emmett as he flew through the air making a harsh landing on the dirt of the forest. I laughed as he stood, his eyes crazed at the prospect of losing to Jasper for the 3rd time since we arrived in the forest. "Again!" He yells Jasper pushed a strand of hair out of his eyes. A jeep pulls up, I look back to see Bella and Edward getting out of the car. Edward grabs her wrist looking at the bracelet. She pulls her wrist back telling him what it was quietly. I move to Jasper wrapping my arm around him as the scent of wolf gets closer. I stiffen, worry taking over my bones. I knew nothing would go wrong but I still worried. I watch the wolves break the tree line. I glance at my sister who watched intently, her eyes meet mine. I keep eye contact, a silent conversation about the sizes of these wolves happening. She gave me a smile looking back at the wolves. The entire pack stood, all in wolf form. Their stature alone was enough to make anyone nervous.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human form," Edward informs, Carlisle didn't look discouraged by this.

"They came that's what matters," He tells his son "Will you translate?" Carlisle asks stepping forward his attention turning to the wolves, more specifically the large black one. Jasper pulls away from me stepping up directly behind Carlisle, Noah doing the same. I move to stand by Bella leaning into her Alice joining me. "Welcome," Carlisle says to the silent wolves "Jasper and Noah have experience with newborns," Carlisle informs them. The wolves look between Noah who stood tall, his golden eyes piercing the wolves, Jasper flanked on the other side of Carlisle looked just as intimidating as his brother. "They'll teach us to defeat them," Carlisle informs

"They wanna know how the newborns differ from us," Edward says interpreting their thoughts.

"They're a great deal stronger than us because their human blood still lingers in their tissues," The wolves eyes advert to me causing me to stiffen once again and they look back at Carlisle. "Our kind is never more physically powerful than our first several months in this life," He turns to Jasper and Noah who get the cue, they move forward to address the wolves and us alike.

"Carlisle's right," Jasper starts his gaze more on the wolves than us "That's why they're created, a newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army and no human army can stand against them," He pauses to let the words sink in Noah starts to talk.

"The two most important things to remember are first never let them get their arms around you, they'll crush you instantly," He begins pacing stopping to let Jasper speak again

"Second, never go for the obvious kill," He said every word carefully and slowly "They'll be expecting that and you will lose," a wolf growls when he turns his back "Lil," He says and I move away from Bella "The closet we have to a newborn," He acknowledges before calling another name "Emmett," Emmett smirks moving from Rosalie to stand apart from me.

"I've been waiting for this," Emmett says smugly I roll my eyes shrugging my jacket off handing it to Bella standing away from him.

"Too bad you'll lose," I taunt firing him up. I close my eyes dodging his hit, lifting my arm up hitting his arm. Emmett manages to grab me throwing me but I advert sliding in the dirt running back at him getting under his legs pulling them as I slide below him causing him to fall in the dirt. He stands but he was too unfocused allowing me to get him by the neck and throw him back into the dirt.

"Never lose focus," Jasper comments. Emmett stands obviously wounded by his loss. Emmett goes up against Jasper, losing again. Carlisle and Edward go next. They fight for a few minutes before Edward gets the upper hand. Edward turns his back looking at Bella Jasper begins to speak "One more thing," He pauses as Edward gets slammed in the dirt "Never turn your back on your enemy," He says in a sarcastic voice causing me to snort. Noah and Rosalie go next. Rosalie was a dirty fighter. They went at it before Noah inevitably won. Rosalie got a few good hits in. Next was Noah and Alice, I watched as they moved effortlessly, Alice knowing every move Noah was gonna make and watching Noah soften to her will moving more to kiss her than win the fight. I watch Alice jump before he could catch her, he looked around for the pixie only for her to jump down onto his back placing a kiss on his lips smugly. I smiled at them, Jasper wanting me to go next against him. I mess around with him moving quickly in and out of his view. I watch him try to catch me, I laugh silently to myself at his movements. He finally catches me and I laugh loudly kissing his cheek softly pulling away, our family also laughing at our happiness. Marking the end of this training session. I stood watching the wolves retreat before launching into a conversation with Esme about the training. I could hear Bella talking to Jasper. I watched from the distance as they spoke to one another, quietly. I hear Jasper reciting his story of the Union army and how he was the youngest major in the Union Calvery, Maria, meeting Noah, he started looking pained talking about how Alice had seen me and how he worried he was a monster. I took this time to go over to him wrapping my arms around his waist.

"You never have to do that again," I tell him placing a soft kiss on his lips

"She's the reason I have hope," He addresses Bella again who smiled softly. He placed another kiss on my forehead. Bella's face looked far off as she thought. I give her a look before deciding she'd tell me when she was ready.