28

Bella's health deteriorated quick

Bella's health deteriorated quick. Her cheeks hallowed and her stomach grew, proving that she was definitely pregnant. Rose stood watch, Emmett close to her side. I sat at Bella's feet trying not to touch her, knowing she was freezing. Jasper sat on the arm of the couch close to me trying to sooth my worry. Edward was behind us the agony clear on his face as Bella tried to sleep. The sound of a motorcycle pulling up made everyone tense. The baby had caused a divide in the house and unwanted guests were definitely not welcomed at this point. I look at Edward, who's already twisted face became disgusted, then I caught the smell, Jacob. The engine cuts off and Bella sits up, confused at everyone's apprehension. I stand up as Carlisle heads for the door. "Is it true?" This is what he says as he enters

"Hello, Jacob, how are you?" Carlisle says, genuinely curious. I moved to block Bella from his sight.

"Listen just give it to me straight," He starts when Bella speaks

"Jake? Is that you?" She asks

"She's here?" Jacob says peeved.

"They came home two weeks ago," and I hear Jacob's heavy footsteps steadily approaching. Rose blocks her first, and he moves to see me standing there with the same intense look on my face that she had. Jasper close watching him.

"I'm glad you came," Bella says Jacob glares at me for blocking his way. He moves more but Rose stops him

"Close enough, dog," I spit, my dislike for Jacob, still as strong as ever.

"What's your problem," He directs this more at Rose than myself

"Rose, Lilith, it's okay," I look back at Bella before moving closer to Jasper, allowing Jacob to move toward Bella.

"You look terrible," Jacob says, with a smile, obviously happy she was human.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too," She says playing with the quilt mom had given us.

"So you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?" He asks, and she chuckles unhumorously, she looks between Rose and I.

"Can you help me up?" I move to help her so does Rose. Jacob protests, but she shuts him up. When she stands her shirt is pulled up revealing her bruised abdomen from where the baby had kicked. Edward's face looked down in shame. Bella looked at her best friend, who immediately glared at Edward.

"You did this!" He says approaching Edward, Emmett stopping his harshly knowing Edward would've let Jacob harm him.

"We didn't know this was possible," Carlisle says

"What is it?" Jacob turns to Carlisle

"We don't know. Ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the amniotic sac," Carlisle informs him

"I can't see it either," Alice pipes up "And I can't see Bella's future anymore either," She confesses causing my glare to turn onto her, knowing this wasn't good for Bella to hear.

"We've been researching legends, but there isn't much to go on," He pauses "What we do know is that it's strong and fast growing,"

"Why haven't you done anything?"

"Because it's not up to men to make that decision," I spit, and he glares at me before looking back at Carlisle.

"Take it out of her!" He commands Carlisle, who doesn't respond

"This is none of your business dog," Rose says her nose flaring in anger and hatred.

"Rose!" Esme says scolding, "All this fighting isn't good for Bella,"

"This fetus isn't good for Bella," Alice snaps I glare hissing at her. Noah hisses back at me.

"Say the word Alice, baby. It's just a little baby,"

"Possibly," Noah says stepping up closer behind Alice I glare looking back at Bella who plays with the blanket having sat down again, her jaw clenching and unclenching.

"Carlisle," Jacob speaks, "You have to do something,"

"No," Bella said her word law at this moment, "It's not his decision, it's not any of yours," That broke this conversation. I moved sitting next to Bella again as Edward pulled Jacob away. The tension growing again. Bella shutting down the conversation didn't change the hundreds of different positions that fell over the room.