37

"Look," Jacob starts, "It's a wolf thing," Bella's eyes squint at the wolf who'd blown his cover

   "Look," Jacob starts, "It's a wolf thing," Bella's eyes squint at the wolf who'd blown his cover. Jacob searches for words when Bella interrupts him.

   "What's a wolf thing?" She grinds out and Jacob begins realizing how her voice enhanced in suspicion. He gulps trying to explain his imprinting to the new mother who barely survived her birth. I watch Rosalie move from Jacob's side away from the vampire who was ensured to blow.

   "Um... You know we have no control over it," Jacob begins to poorly explain, "We can't choose who it happens with," Bella's face begins to twist. "And it doesn't mean what you think, Bella, I promise," She knew now.

   "Take Renesmee out of the room," I smile as Jacob's face drops

   "Oh," He whispers

   "Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you," She tells her husband who backs up.

   "Oh," Jacob whispers again, Bella advances on Jacob, grabbing him by the scruff of his neck dragging him out of the room. She throws him into the lawn. Everyone follows to watch.

   "You imprinted on my daughter!" Bella yells from the top of the steps at the wolf who doesn't know how to fix this.

   "It wasn't my choice," Jacob defends

   "She's a baby!" Her voice grits

   "Its not like that!" He looks at Edward "You think Edward would let me live if it was," He gestures to Edward.

   "Still debating on it," He adds and Jacob looks at him with a look of annoyance.

   "I've held her once!" Bella yells moving down the steps toward him, "One time Jacob!" She gets closer to him. "And already you think you have some moronic wolfy claim on her!" She was in his face using her arm to shove him, "She's mine!" Jacob falls into the mossy soil. Edward and I both laugh. Seth and Leah having heard come out of the forest growling.

   "It's fine Leah," Jacob says

   "You're gonna stay away from her," Bella orders

   "You know I can't do that," She pushes Jacob again, this time he goes further than the first time.

   "Stop her, Edward," Esme asks concerned

   "He said it's fine," Edward comments, "She's amazing right?"

   "Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me 3 days ago," Jacob starts, "That's gone now, right?"

   "Long gone," She hisses

   "Because it was her. From the beginning, it was Nessie who wanted me there," I whistled knowing he'd sealed his coffin.

   "Told you she wouldn't like Nessie," I comment getting a side glance from Esme.

   "Nessie! You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster!" She advances at this, it being the last nail in a coffin made for Jacob Black. Seth made a move into Bella who reacts without thinking, throwing the younger wolf into the tree. He whimpered moving to stand.

   "Seth, are you okay?" Jacob asks as both Leah and him stand over him. He looked over him.

   "Seth, I'm sorry," Bella apologizes, her anger jarring in guilt for harming Seth.

   "He'll be alright," Jacob says, "Bella, you know me better than anyone. All I want is for Ness..." Bella's face locks again in disdain, "Renesmee," He corrects, "To be safe, happy. Look, nothing ever made sense before, you, me, all of it. Now I understand why, this was the reason," Bella sighs

   "You should've broken his arm, like Edward did," I tease knowing this was over, "Would've been very funny," Jacob mocks my facial expression and I turn into the house.