50

When she parks, the car I look over to her

   When she parks, the car I look over to her. "What do you think Alice has planned?" She doesn't respond for a moment deep in thought. I wait for her to finish whatever she was thinking watching as her brain moves a mile a minute.

   "I don't know," She answers honestly, "I just hope whatever it is, it bodes well for all of us," I sigh nodding and opening the car door. We both get out, our more formal attire slightly standing out on the street. I adjust my coat and pull slightly on the hem of my dress to adjust it from the car ride. I look at Bella nodding, and we head into the large building. When we get up to the host Bella addresses him, "I'm meeting Mr. Jenks," The host immediately recognizes the name, leading us to the table.

   "Mrs. Cullen, Mrs. Hale," Jenks gets shaking both of our hands as we both greeted him. "So happy you called," He gestures to our seats, pushing me in first and then Bella obviously trying to put his best foot forward with us. "I always meet my private clients here. It's more comfortable than the office,"

   "And more public," I comment, and he immediately chuckles

   "What type of work do you do, J?" Bella goes in immediately with the harder hitting questions.

   "Oh, you know, this and that," He answers hastily, "It's always different which keeps it interesting,"

   "Have you known Jasper and Noah long?" I ask

   "I've been working with them for more than 20 years," He answers truthfully, "My late partner knew them for 15 years before that. He is uh," His voice carries off, "Unusally well-preserved," I hum. "I've got to say, I never knew he was married," Jenks looks over to me

   "It's a more recent thing," I tell him vaguely "I like them well-kept," I give him a knowing smile, exposing my teeth causing him to look away, uncomfortable.

   "I trust that Mr. Noah is doing well on his vacation," Jenks says

   "He didn't tell you where he was going?" Bella asked searching for an answer on where Alice and Noah could be. Jenks looks slightly surprised that we didn't know where they were.

   "Oh, no, no, no, he just mentioned he was leaving when he came by to place his order," I look at Bella whose face dropped at the lack of information.

   "And it's safe to assume the order is ready?" I inquire.

   "Of course, I've never been late with a delivery," He pulls out a manila envelope sliding it over to me. I pick up carefully to look at what was inside. Pulling out 2 sets of passports and a birth certificate. I open up the passports to see the faces of Jake and Renesmee staring back at me. I slide them over to Bella, who doesn't look relieved by the contents of the envelope. "There a problem?" Jenks asks, lowering his drink in worry. Bella is quick to shake her head.

   "No, my husband and I thought that we'd all be traveling together," I nod looking at Jenks.

   "Noah said only 2 were traveling," Bella and I knew this meant that Alice was looking for an out for Renesmee. But did this mean we would ever join her was the looming question. "His instructions were very clear,"

   "It's my mistake," Bella clears up, pushing the contents of the envelope back in. "Apparently that's not going to happen," She said. Jenks looks perplexed by Bella's statement but doesn't comment on it. We bid our thanks, giving him a little extra money for his troubles before leaving and heading back home where the question was, would we survive this.