12

"They'll be here in 4 days," Alice informs Carlisle paces

   "This could turn into a bloodbath," I look at Jasper. My spine straight, the pit of my stomach filling with the familiar dread that came when danger was approaching. I knew within the next few days it would get worse. I kept my eyes on Bella as I thought.

   "Who's behind it?" Edward asks Alice who shakes her head. Noah pressed closely to her side watching her face closely as she searches her vision, Edward watching through her mind.

  "I didn't see anyone I recognized..." She pauses "Maybe one," Edward's face fills with recognization at whoever's face had appeared in her vision. Edward nods.

   "I know his face... he's local, Riley Biers," Edward shakes his head "He didn't start this," Edward looks down to the ground.

   "Well, whoever did is staying out of the action," Alice says bitterly, Noah rubs his hand on her hip to calm her. She looks up at him and back at Carlisle when he starts talking.

   "They're probably playing with the blind spots in your visions," Carlisle points out

   "Either way... the armies coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town," Jasper says the same stoic look on his face that he had whenever he spoke strategy or war. I hum in agreement looking at the wolves who looked confused and back at Carlisle.

   "Hold up, what damn army," Jacob spoke up, I rolled my eyes looking at Jasper who looked as annoyed at Jacob and his packmates presence as I was.

   "Newborns," Carlisle answers quickly "Our kind,"

   "What are they after?" Embry asks, speaking for the first time since he came into the house.

   "They were passing around Bella's, a red blouse. I also saw Riley talking about Lilith," Jasper's arm finds my waist protectively

   "They're after Bella? What the hell does this mean?" Jacob speaks up and I sigh annoyed, Bella gives me a warning glance.

   "It means an ugly fight," Carlisle informed the wolf "With lives lost," Jacob looks at his packmates who all nod, and Jacob looks back at Carlisle.

   "Alright, we're in," Bella immediately perks up

   "No, you'll get yourselves killed, no way," She argues

   "I wasn't asking for permission," Jacob says

   "Edward," Bella tries, Edward thinks for a moment before looking at my twin.

   "It means more protection for you," He says

   "If the puppy wants to get himself killed let him, good riddance," I comment Jacob growls and Bella looks at me disappointed. Jasper raises an eyebrow and I sigh "Sorry," I comment offhandedly. Carlisle ignores my comment.

   "Jacob, do you think Sam would agree to an... understanding?" he points the question as Jake

   "As long as we get to kill some vampires," Jacob agrees

   "Jasper? Noah?" Carlisle asks the pair of brothers, Jasper looks at his black-haired brother who nods

   "It'll give us the numbers," Jasper agrees "The newborns won't know they even exist. It gives us an edge," Jasper admits Carlisle nods putting his hand to his face.

   "Alright, we'll need to coordinate," Carlisle says mainly to Jacob. Bella looking outraged stands up.

   "Carlisle they'll get hurt!" Bella argues with the patriarch who glances at my brunettes sister but doesn't say much to help.

   "We'll all need some training," He says brushing off her comment she frowns, worries taking over her features. "Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper and Noah have. You're welcome to join us," He offers Jacob, my hand tightens over Jasper's that was on my waist thinking about the army and training with the wolves. Jasper's thumb began rubbing calming circles in my hip.

   "Alright, name a time and a place," Jacob steps forward, his eyes keep fleeting to my sister

   "Jake, you don't know what you're getting yourself into," I sigh as Bella spoke

   "Bella, this is what we do," He says "You should be happy, look at us, working together. This is what you wanted us to do, remember?" His voice raises a pitch as he becomes condescending toward Bella. I roll my eyes at his statement.