29

Jacob comes back up trying to talk to Bella, who remained unresponsive

Jacob comes back up trying to talk to Bella, who remained unresponsive. She listened but didn't agree with him which upset him. Jacob leaves quickly, angerly, leaving the house silent as we moved quietly and trying not to bump into each other. I made conversation with Jasper, who still tried to calm me and Bella tried to sleep once again. I tried to calm down in his presence but my worry about my sister too strong. Jasper leads me out of the room to hunt and calm down. "She'll be okay," Jasper promises

"I hope so," I say speeding into the forest hearing him follow behind me as we twisted through the trees. I'd caught a deer quickly and Jasper searched for his meal when I got nervous suddenly. His gaze snapped to me, "We need to go, now," I say, turning my gleaming gold eyes off north where the snapping of a wolf could be heard. Jasper and I sped away the sound of paws hitting the soil. We barely make it back to the house in time. Their attack stops, and they back away, obviously careful not to alert the house. "What the hell," I exclaim heading into the house when Jacob arrived. He stood far and Edward looked unpleased.

"Get ready," Jacob says, "They're coming for Bella,"

"They're not gonna touch her," I hear Edward. I move up the stairs quick to stand beside him

"Agreed," Jacob says

"Edward what's happening," I say, "Does this have anything to do with the fact Jasper and I almost became werewolf sushi?" Jasper stood close to me as we looked at Edward, who moved past us to the stairs heading down to find Carlisle, who must've heard about my comment as his face twisted in concern.

"Edward?" Carlisle asks

"They're coming for Bella," His eyes cast off to his sleeping wife and the look in his eyes telling me how serious this is.