31

TW: Talks that may be triggering for people with ED

TW: Talks that may be triggering for people with ED. Please read at your own risk.

Rosalie and I had taken to helping my frail sister bathe. Bella's energy depleted quickly, so baths were harder for her. Rose readied the water and I help her into the bathroom, Carlisle having said that having her walk could possibly help the low blood flow she was having. I got her settled into a robe for some privacy and then onto a chair knowing that normally her balance was horrible, but now, it was worse. I helped her up again when Rose had the bath ready. She stood looking at herself in the mirror for a moment, looking at the skin and bones she'd become. I catch Edward's reflection in the mirror. Knowing she had to, I turned and closed the door on him as she covered herself up to hide from his agonizing gaze. After her bath, we moved her back onto the couch.

I sat on the armrest next to Jasper as he and Emmett tried to focus on the football game on the television to distract from their hunger. Bella fidgeted pulling her sweater sleeves down. "You cold?" Edward asked more attentively than he had been in days. Bella winced and nods.

"I got it," Jacob offers. I turn my looks away facing the television. Jasper's hand found my knee. I can hear Jacob start to speak "Don't do that," I don't face him knowing he's talking to Bella who responds with a quiet what "Smile like I'm your favorite person in the world,"

"Your one of them," She responds "It feels complete when you're here, Jake," I roll my eyes but don't turn back to face them. Bella begins to gasp causing everyone to look at her. Edward moves the metal trash for her to vomit in closer to her and she heaves for a moment but nothing comes out and she lays back.

"We need to find a way to get some food in her system," Esme says, and I nod agreeing with her

"If I could only see the fetus," Rosalie corrects Alice to say it's a baby. Alice pauses but pays Rosalie no mind, "Maybe I could figure out what it wants," I stare at Bella's stomach thinking about my niece or nephew and what it could want. I mean likely food but it didn't make sense to me.

"I think you might be right," I look at Edward, "Jacob just had an idea," I look at him

"It wasn't an idea, it was a snide comment," Jacob corrects

"What were you thinking?" Carlisle asks

"That it probably was just looking for someone to sink its teeth into," Jacob retells his thoughts and it clicked in my head. I'd been looking at this child as more Bella than Edward, he was thirsty.

"He's thirsty," Bella says, the idea appealing to her, making the theory seem more correct by the second.

"I know the feeling," Emmett says

"If its craving it's not going to want animal blood," Edward looks back at Carlisle

"I have some O- laid aside for Bella," Carlisle admits, and I look at Jasper.

"Come Jas," I say taking his hand and leading him out of the room giving Bella a quiet word of encouragement. Emmett followed too, as did Alice and Noah. I hoped this would work for Bella but I knew none of us could be in the room with her as she sipped the one thing we all craved, blood.