46

More and more people showed after the arrival of the Amazons

   More and more people showed after the arrival of the Amazons. More people saw Renesmee and her nature, every person grew to love her in some way. When Carlisle and Esme returned, they brought our last witness. Bringing our count to 20. The house was full of red eyes, which caused more wolves to change and join the pack. Each vampire had gifts of their own. Zafrina had the power of the mind, make you see what she wanted you too.  Benjamin power over the elements. Clarissa, like her brother, had the power to manipulate life, only instead of taking it she could change its state. Make you age and change in ways that she wanted, only she couldn't turn a vampire human or a human vampire without biting them. She could just change states. I watch Zafrina show Edward something, watching his face slack in wonder as he looked around. "If you weren't holding my hand right now, I could swear this was real," Edward tells Bella, who looks around helplessly for what he saw.

   "I don't see anything," Bella says

   "Edward, you didn't tell me your wife is a shield," Eleazor says, coming out of the trees. Edward's face fills with realization.

   "What's a shield?" Bella asks

   "The ones I've met are so different," Edward comments

   "It's a defensive talent," Eleazor explains

   "It's why I couldn't read your mind, even before, it's why Aro couldn't," Edward explains

   "You have a very powerful gift, like your sister," Eleazor's eyes shift to me. Suddenly Kate comes out of nowhere grasping Bella's hands and electricity covers them. Bella looks at her confused.

   "Oh yeah, she's a shield alright, should've put her on her ass," Kate says, dropping Bella's hand

   "Or your voltage has been exaggerated," Garrett speaks, causing Kate to turn. She hums, smirking at him.

   "Or maybe it only works on the weak," She comments she puts her hand out for him. He steps forward willing to take the challenge.

   "Garrett I wouldn't," Carlisle warns when suddenly Garrett touches her, and he falls to his knees. I laugh when he looks up at Kate with growing heart eyes.

   "You are an amazing woman," He comments we all smile laughing at the couple who very obviously were to be mated.

__________________________________________

   We all stood in the forest still. I was sparring with Jasper playfully when the trees rustled. More vampires had arrived, and whoever they were we didn't invite them. I could hear Jacob and the new wolves growling. When we make it to where these new vampires I recognized them from the Volturi library as the Romanians. Their red eyes had a gray film over them, a result of their petrification. "Vladimir, Stefan," Carlisle greets "You're a long way from home," He comments

   "What are they doing here?" Kate asks

   "We heard the Volturi were moving against you," Vladimir says, "But that you will not stand alone," I glance at Jasper, who doesn't take his eyes off of the Romanians.

   "We didn't do what we were accused of," Carlisle defends us.

   "We do not care what you did, Carlisle," Vladimir says, his accent giving it a certain rhythm.

   "We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan spits the word scum out with a wicked smile.

   "It's not our plan to fight the Volturi," Carlisle argues

   "Shame," Vladimir says, with fake disappointment, "Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed," He looks at Stefan trying to goad us into anger.

   "They enjoy a good fight," Stefan joins, and they choke out fake laughter. I lace my hand into Jasper's.

   "Aro's witnesses?" Eleazor asks

   "Aww..." Vladimir kisses his teeth, "Still hoping they'll listen?" He taunts