First Entry

So I woke up early today, not that I had a choice. I was going to school today, something I had dreaded since the summer break ended but my Uncle Wu felt it wrong that I should deny myself of education. Of course, I suggested homeschooling but he says he has work to deal with and wouldn't have time to teach me. I feel so bummed I'm writing in a journal. Not as lame as I thought but somehow still lame.

So this is my first entry.

Today was as bad as any other day. Luckily for me, The Dark Lord sent his shark troops out early and the ninjas were able to deal with the situation. I made friends, well actually I met them during the summer break but yesterday was when we actually became friends. Although they have this habit of disappearing out on me once in a while, I'm not bothered.

I'm guessing as a di- I mean journal, you wanna hear my life story. I'm just gonna shorten it for you seeing as my life story isn't as sad and depressing as I think (uncle Wu's words not mine).

My name is Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon. Hey, don't laugh okay. Montgomery isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Anyway, I'm fifteen. I'll be sixteen later in the week. I live with my uncle Wu who is a very skilled Sensei teaching at his monastery. I've never been to his monastery but he says it's really far so he can't take me with me.

My father disappeared a year after I was born and my mother went missing on a quest she went on three years later (she's an archeologist). I have no siblings but I do have a few friends. Five to be exact. They are Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, and Nya. Kai and Nya are siblings, Cole and Jay are best friends, and Zane might actually be a robot.

I am also antisocial. It's not like I can't relate it's just that the people at my school aren't exactly the best of people. See, I have this problem that just can't be helped, making my life miserable. I have anger issues. Really bad anger issues.

As uncle Wu says, I have this thing inside me that feeds off my anger and makes it grow beyond its human extent. The same 'thing' inside me gives me inhuman abilities, darkens my hair, makes my skin pale, and gives me terrible migraines.

To better explain, how about a flashback?

It was a bright spring afternoon. It was Easter Day and I was super excited to find Easter eggs. No, wait sorry, I was forced to be excited about the Easter egg hunt. Uncle Wu wanted me outside more and I wanted nothing to do with people. All they ever did was stare and murmur.

Anyways, a kid stole from my basket. A little boy, ten-yrs-old like me. Turns out I was great at finding stuff parents don't try at all to hide. It was either that or every kid was as oblivious as babies (and babies are oblivious to everything around them). So this kid, his name is Jerry- like the mouse. A really nice guy now, though he wasn't nice when he stole from my basket.

I had settled on finding as many eggs as possible. All that chocolate candy would have kept me company for a week at the least. But when I returned later that evening, ten eggs were missing from my basket of thirty-eight eggs (there were about a hundred kids in the hunt so there were a lot of Easter eggs).

I was furious. Luckily for me, I had great detective skills. I sniffed out Jerry before he was halfway to his house. He denied it and I being the ten-yr-old I was, tried to argue the truth out of him. He was stubborn but I was pushy, so I blackmailed him to give me back my Easter eggs. I didn't actually mean the blackmail, I just wanted to see what he'd respond with.

"There's nothing you can do that's going to make me give you back your Easter eggs." That was what he said.

"Aha! You did take it!" Then he started stammering and trying to form up excuses. I grabbed his basket from his hands and started to pick out ten Easter eggs for myself. The kid grabbed his basket back and in the process intentionally smashing my Easter eggs on the ground.

Then I got angry. Remember what I said happens to me when I get angry? Well, that's exactly what happened to me back then. Out of anger, I shoved him aside and kicked him to the ground. I regret it now because I didn't really mean it and I was clouded by anger. Nowadays, I just tend to beat people up when I'm angry, sometimes ending with my 'victim' in the hospital. Not that I like it, it just can't be helped.

Now everyone thinks I'm a devil, a murderer just waiting to strike. A kid with no home but a weird uncle. Someone evil enough to overthrow the Dark Lord and once and for all, destroy Ninjago. That day with Jerry was the first time I had my problem. Ever since that day, I've had anger issues. I get mad easily and as witnesses would have it, my eyes glow red. I don't believe that since I've never seen them and I tend to get angry at my reflection often.

I have green hair. Not completely green, just at the roots, then it fades into blonde. Cool, some would say but in my case, I'm a freak. When I get angry, the green roots grow dark and if I'm really angry they turn into a very dark shade of black and spread throughout the rest of my hair.

So dear di- I mean journal, you now understand why I wish to be homeschooled (Well who wouldn't when they almost killed a few people once, am I right?)

This is the end of my first entry. Interesting enough, it is not my last. I've got to go. My uncle called me for my usual afternoon tea therapy session. Bye.

Have fun reading chapter 2!