FINAL CHAPTER

Jecho's POV

"We are reporting to you about Villas Group of Companies' CEO who was known as someone who had an amnesia has now gone back to company today. The turmoil inside VGC has calmed down. According to an insider Mr. Kang's amnesia has been cured. He's now incharge of everything in the company. According to reliable sources, Mr. Villas is about to invest in beverages business with low-calorie female drinks. The theme is all about scented tea. It seems that the very experienced Mr. Kang decides to take advantage of his most familiar area."

That was the report I heard after I arrived at the company a week after Athena left. Truth be told still I am not okay. I will never be okay. But I have to keep my life as it is as what Athena wanted me to.

"How's it?" I asked Angelo. Siya kasi ang inatasan ko na gumawa ng design ng cover ng beverage na bagong product ng kumpanya. Ofcourse sabi ko cartoon version dapat ni Athena yun as commemoration to her.

"Tignan mo," he said and showed me his drawing.

Kinuha ko ito saka tumango tango. "Nice." We decided to use Angelo's design for the new product's face.

I attended the Conference for Hera Tea Program Research and Development and showed them my presentation about it.

They approved it kaya nai marketize namin ito. I didn't expect it to become no. 1 in the market though but it did. The tea became a best selling tea all over the country.
-----
"Let's count down together! 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!"

I am currently at home doing my job nang marinig ko ang countdown sa tv. Before the countdown stops I closed my eyes at umusal ng dasal wishing that Athena is fine. That she is healing well. That she can come back soon. Wishing that when I open my eyes makikita ko na ulit siya. I really miss her and I am dying inside thinking about what's going on the lab these days.

I opened my eyes at bumuntong hininga. Di ko na naman napigilan ang pagtulo ng luha ko. "Happy New Year Athena. I miss you so much now," I said saka pikit ang mata para hayaan ang pagtulo ng luha ko. I lived a long time without her but when she came to my life and left me, I felt like I can't even live well just thinking she's not here anymore.
---------
5 years later.

"Dear media friends, welcome to our product launch conference. You may ask Mr. Kang all the questions about our new products."

A reporter stands up. "Five years ago, the Hera Tea you created becomes popular. What's the purpose of the tea's name?"

"Hera means queen or goddess in Greek term. Hera tea means men makes tea for their queen," I answered.

Another reporter stands up. "Mr. Kang, for the last 5 years we haven't heard any love affairs about you. Are you single now?"

Napangiti ako sa tanong. "Well, do you think I'm single now?"

"About this... We're not sure. Your last girlfriend is the CEO of Chua Industries. This news made quite a stir once. We wonder what relationship you two are now."

Napatahimik naman ako sa tanong niya. "We...." lumunok ako saka tumingin sa camera. "We are good."

"There are rumors that Miss Chua dumped you. Seem's like the news is fake then Mr. Kang."

"You never broke up but why does we never see you two together for the last 5 years? Are you two married in secret?"

Nanatili naman akong tahimik sa mga tanong nila. The last 5 years without her was like hell for me. I didn't even know how I survived those years. No nights that I don't drink just to sleep well. No moments that I don't cry just remembering her.