Chapter 1: His First Love

24th July, 2020:

6:00 AM:

Kai slowly opened his eyes as the sun light reflected on his face. He turned around to see a note on his end table. 'It must be my parents' Kai thought.

He got up and held the note to read it.

'Hi my baby NingNing!

Me and your father had to go to America yesterday so suddenly because of his work. We will stay there for around six months.

Don't forget to take your lunch and enjoy your time at school!'_ Your loving mother.

'Good for them' Kai placed the note near the TV and entered the bathroom to do his daily routine.

He thought that the school he transferred to was really weird, why did it start today instead of August 1st? Many questions were on Kai's mind.

He finished changing into his uniform and checked the time, it was still 6:30 AM. The school wasn't that far from his house as it only took five minutes to walk there.

'The school opens at 7:00 AM, I need to do something to pass time.....'

Kai looked around and decided to read some manga, it did make time pass but he didn't enjoy reading it since he felt nothing special while doing things.

The manga spoke about a girl called Ayano who was born emotionless, she remained the same way until she met her senpai and killed ten girls to be with him. At the end, she lived happily ever after.

'She is just similar to me..... will I ever be able to find the love of my life which my mother talked about?'

Kai finished reading the manga and placed it aside, it was already 6:50, the best time to go to school.

He grabbed all his stuff and started walking to the school. The classes normally started at 8:30 but Kai decided to walk around the school until classes start.

On his way there someone suddenly called him, Kai turned around to see a tall girl with brown hair panting. "Um.... Hello..... I wanted to ask you a question..." The girl said. "What is it?" Kai asked.

"I was actually going to school with my friend, Lia, but I am a bit late and I don't see her anywhere. She has a dark long hair, Did you see her?" The girl asked.

Kai thought about it for a while. He didn't care at all.

"No, I didn't see her." Kai said. "Thank you, anyway, you have the same outfit as me, shall we go to school together?" The girl asked. "Yeah...." Kai said.

The two walked and the girl kept on talking all the time. "I am Ryujin, what is your name?" Ryujin asked. "Kai." "It's nice to meet you, Kai!" Ryujin said.

The two soon reached the school and entered inside. It was already 7:05 AM. There were many other students there too.

"Thank you for helping me." Ryujin said with a smile. "No problem." Kai said. Ryujin smiled one last time before leaving to search for her friend.

Kai walked toward his locker, he noticed that there were some students there standing and talking together.

'I should listen to what they are saying if I try to be "Normal" Kai thought. He got closer to the boys trying to hear what they are saying.

"Did you see that new girl?" "Yeah, she is so hot!" "I hope I can have a girlfriend like her one day...."

Kai sighed as he walked away. 'Everyone talks about other gender and love only.....'

He decided to walk around the school to check it out. He checked every place after a long tour since the school was too big and then returned back to the lockers, it was still 7:50 AM, Forty more minutes until the class start.

Kai sighed as he decided to go his last destination, the plaza. He checked his phone every second to see if time passed or not.

"Ugh, I'll have t- "Kai stopped when he saw a girl sitting on one of the benches while listening to some music with her headphones. The music was too loud that Kai could hear it. It was some k-pop songs.

Kai looked at her face and his heart started beating quickly, it was his first time to experience such a thing.

He felt something he never felt in his entire life...... love.

The girl sat there and didn't notice that someone was starring at her because she closed her eyes and got lost in her own world.

Kai decided to sit in a bench near her and examine her carefully.

'What was that? I am running out of air as my heart is about to burst!'

Kai also felt butterflies in his stomach, he just didn't know what to do.

'Is this what my birth mother call..... love?'

Kai looked at the girl on more time and smiled for the first time in his life without knowing it. He was happy for the first time of his life.

'I need to know more about her....' Kai stood up and started walking toward the girl to talk to her but stopped when another boy walked to her.

"Yah! Y/N!"

'So her name is Y/N.....but who is that brat........"