Chapter 34: Their First Call

Later at night:

At kai's house:

Kai lied down on his bed as he prepared many snacks and popcorn with his laptop on the bed to watch a movie marathon.

He arrived late at school and that's why he didn't attend any class because he was punished. He didn't talk to Y/N much either yet he was happy.

Finally, after four whole months, he was done eliminating all of his rivals. Today was the day he celebrates and relax without worrying about Y/N being taken away or preparing any other plan.

'It have been long since I took a rest.....it feels really weird to do so....' Kai mumbled as he lied down to check the newest movies out.

He thought about what to watch and decided to watch suicide squad. He was about to click on it when his phone suddenly rang.

Y/N's POV:

No matter what Jisung said or asked, I reassured him and said that the school was just worried about me.

I couldn't get what that psycho Choi said out of my mind, I felt really scared and nervous and at that time I only thought of one person........Kai.

When I wanted to speak to him the most, the teacher was scolding him for being late and that ruined my plan.

I took deep breath and help my phone to dial Kai's number and listen to his voice, it always made me forget all about my worries.

Kai's POV:

My eyes widened when I saw the caller ID and my heart started beating quickly as I felt very excited. I never thought the day where Y/N will call me will ever come....I quickly answered the call.

"Um....H-hi! Kai...." Y/N said. "Hello, Y/N." I said.

"I hope I didn't annoy you, I was.....a bit lonely and wanted to speak to someone, and you just came in my mind!" Y/N said.

My checks were burning red as a wide smile was drawn on my face. "That's.....nice..." I said trying to sound normal, I was very nervous since it's the first time Y/N called me.

'I have to make her happy saying the right things and being careful....'

Author POV:

"So, how are you doing? I couldn't see you today because Junmyeon was harsh with his scolding on you...." Y/N said.

"Well, I am fine!" Kai said with a cheerful tone that made Y/N forget all about her fears and problems.

"Haha...I am glad you are, at least someone had a good day today." Y/N said.

She and Kai talk over the phone for almost an hour as they enjoyed their time.

"Well, sleep tight! I will see you tomorrow at school." Y/N said. "Yeah, but Y/N......S-Sometimes overworking, I mean like studying, can make you tired so.....don't over work yourself, okay?" Kai said. Y/N giggled as she covered her mouth.

"Okay, I will sleep for twenty hours today!" Y/N said. "Sleep tight and dream of me!" Kai slapped his mouth as he hoped he would die for saying that.

Y/N got surprised but smiled. "Dream of me too...."

Kai was about to end the call when Y/N suddenly spoke.

"Kai! Do you know that Yeonjun had disappeared?" Y/N asked. "Really?" Kai asked. "Yes....People are saying he was murdered and others are saying he is only hiding somewhere. What do you think happened to him?" Y/N asked.

"I-I think he is alive! I mean he knows how to guard himself and deal with dangerous people, right?" Kai said in a nervous tone. "I guess you are right....I hope he is okay." Y/N said.

'I need to change the topic quickly....'

"Y-Y/N.....Do....do you want to watch a movie with me someday?" Kai asked quickly as his face was completely red.

"That's a good idea! What movie?" Y/N asked. "You can decide it..." Kai said. "No, you invited me so you have to decide, what movie do you recommend?" Y/N asked.

"There is a movie I actually like a lot....Begin again." Kai said. "That movie! I wanted to watch it for a long time but got busy, you like musical movies too?" Y/N laughed.

"I do, anyway, I will see you tomorrow at school." Kai said.

After few minutes' Y/N tried to sleep, while Kai only sat still on his bed starring at the wall, he was smiling widely.

He still couldn't believe that he finally talked to the girl he loved.

"This....will be a precious memory....the day I finally talked to Y/N like her friend instead of stalking her from afar....."

Kai soon drafted to long sleep.

Y/N's POV:

I lied down on my bed and admired the star lights I hanged on my wardrobe. It was a very bad day but I hope tomorrow would be better. Getting threats isn't a big thing, right?

I mean I had a very bad year, my best friend had gone missing and everyone else died. I felt very lonely until I met........Kai...

My checks turned red and my heart started to beat more quickly.

I mean, he is really kind and funny, his appearance just made my life much better but.....do I want this friendship to last forever?

I think I fell hard for Kai, I rolled and giggled as I remembered that he invited me to watch a movie together!

It's so good to be in love....

I soon turned around and fell asleep thinking of Kai.