Chapter 23: He is gone........

Y/N's POV:

I rushed with quick steps toward the hospital as Jisung was behind me. I ran toward the secretary as I almost collapsed there.

"W-Where.....is......Huang Renjun?" I asked as I struggled to breathe. "I....don't know."

I cursed as I started to run again searching for him all around the hospital. "Y/N. Wait!" Jisung called but I ignored him.

I walked around and saw some men thrown on the ground with many scars and injuries. I tried to look away as I passed through them.

Suddenly, someone held my leg and I screamed loudly. "Ya!!!!!!"

"Wait! I am Renjun's friend, Kun...." The boy said. I stopped screaming and helped him to stand probably.

"Are you here for Renjun?" Kun asked. "Where is he now?" I asked. Kun closed his eyes as he shook his head in pain. I held his hands strongly as I looked at him with teary eyes.

"H-He is still in the surgery room, right?" I asked. My heart was beating quickly, I was scared, I didn't want to hear him saying that word, I wanted him to tell me that everything was okay, that Renjun will walk out of that room any second and start teasing me.

"He is......gone." Kun said. A tear slid down my face as my heart hurt a lot. "Is it true? He is a mafia member?" I asked.

"After the mission, he planned on telling you everything but......he's just....gone." Kun said. He struggled as his eyes got teary.

"That's not true! He must be walking around somewhere!" I said as I tried to deny it, no, I am not believing it!

"Y/N! Why would I lie? Please don't make it harder on anyone...." Kun said. I started crying loudly as I bent down and placed my head on my lap as I hugged myself. Kun cried silently.

Author POV:

Jisung ran quickly searching for his sister but stopped when he saw her in the middle crying loudly. His heart shattered to pieces and tears started streaming as he recalled all of his moment with Renjun.

"I want to see him one last time...." Y/N said. "What?" Kun asked. "Can I? I want to see him one last time.....to say goodbye probably so that I won't regret it later....." Y/N said as she held Kun's hand.

He looked around and then sighed. "Follow me....." Kun said. Y/N turned around and looked at Jisung. "Are you coming?" She asked. "Y-Yes...." Jisung said weakly as he followed his sister and Kun.

Kun went inside one of the rooms in the empty hallway and removed the curtains as the three were standing in front of a bed, there was a body covered there.

Kun removed the blanket and quickly closed his eyes as he turned around. "Make sure to cover him probably when you leave....." Kun said. He walked over to the door and left.

Y/N looked at Renjun, he had a lot of scars and punches on his face, he had two other big other scars, one on his neck and the other on his chest.

Y/N cried as she slowly fell down on her knees and held Renjun's hand strongly. "Return back already.....I don't give a shit whether you are a mafia or not....." Y/N cried as she hit her head on the bed.

Jisung couldn't stand it and quickly ran outside as he locked the door. He fell on the ground as he broke down crying loudly.

"You promised me.......You promised to stay with me forever!" Y/N cried. She hit Renjun's chest multiple times. "Wake up!" Y/N cried loudly. "I TOLD YOU TO WAKE UP!" Y/N hit both of her hands on his chest.

She fell down and continued crying until a nurse suddenly entered. "Excuse me..... but are you L/N Y/N?" The nurse asked as she walked toward Y/N. "Y-yes, why?" Y/N asked. The nurse pulled a box from under the bed and handed it to Y/N. "Huang Renjun wanted to give it to you." The nurse said and left.

Y/N kissed Renjun's check one last time before covering him with the blanket again. She took off her favorite ring she was wearing and place it in Renjun's finger. "I will never forget you, my dear fellow and good friend...."

Y/N held the box and headed to the rooftop where it was empty, she sat down on one of the benches and opened the box.

She took out an expensive necklace and admired it, tears gathered again as she hugged it. "Is this the necklace you promised to give me......" Y/N cried.

She wore it and then took out the note in the box.

'Y/N,

Are you crying? Please wipe your tears away!

I am sorry for shocking and leaving you all of the sudden, I know, I am killer, you must hate me now but you know how harsh life was, it lead me to this.

Make sure you never forget me! Take care of Jisung and make sure not to go on any blind dates Ryujin sets for you!

I wanted to say three words, I love you. If you just knew my longing heart......

You remember that sad song? I feel that it represent how I feel right now.....'

Y/N noticed some tears on the paper that belonged to Renjun since they were wet, it broke her heart more.

'A petal fluttered to the ground by the season

It must have been really lonely......and sad.

The stars that left made the sky sad

The rain falls......as the sky cries

Flowers bloom and wither.....just like my heart

It delivers my feelings through the wind......

Live a good life, be happy, live my share too!'_ Huang Renjun.

"You must have been very lonely and sad dying all alone......"