SURPRISE!

That's Alice. ^^

December 13, 2014 about 6 PM.

I slam my car door shut as hard as I can, hoping my fiancé hears it through the phone.

"I'm not sleeping with you Leo." I say frustrated as I walk up the flight of stairs to get to my apartment.

"We've been together for like 5 fucking years!" He says loudly through the phone. I pull my keys out and start to unlock the door.

"And when I say 'I do', you'll get it then." I say as I walk in and hang my stuff up.

"God dammit." He mutters as I turn the light on.

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The group yells. I manage a squeak and jump before stumbling and almost falling.

"What the fuck is going on over there?!" Leo asks me.

"I've got to go. I'll call you in a little bit. Love you." I say quickly before hanging up. My mother rushes to help me.

"Sorry we scared you sweetheart." She apologizes as she pulls me up.

"It's fine. Y'all really got me." I say with a small smile as I see my dad and my brothers and sister wave.

"Good. Come on." She says as she pulls me towards the family.

They all pull me into a tight hug and I laugh as they squeeze the air out of me.

"Happy birthday sis." My brother, Gage, tells me as he lets go first. Gah this tradition is so old.

"Happy birthday Aliceeee!" My sister, Sharon, says as she lets go.

"Happy birthday big sis." My other brother, Scott, says.

I hold onto mom and dad as they pull me back outside.

"Come on can't we skip this. Please. It's freezing." I plead. God I dread this.

"No skipping. We do this every year Alice." Dad says with a chuckle.

"Dad please." I beg with a laugh.

"Honey just hush. It'll be over with soon." Mom says as she puts me against a tree. My dad stands beside me so I can't run away.

I watch my brothers go to the car and pull out my fate. This is never gonna wash out. I'm gonna be stained for weeks... again.

"Okay there's 5 of us. You turned 25 today so you know what that means." Mom says with a smile.

"Come on mom. Please." I say pleadingly. Oh god.

"It's Sharon's turn to go first this year." Gage says with a smirk.

"I'll go easy on you sis." She says with an evil wink.

She grabs one and the boys grab 2. She gets 5 shots at me.

"Please don't get it on my shoes." I say with a feebly laugh.

Splat. Right in the face. I stand still and she hits me again on the head. Then, on the side of my face. Next, on the other side of my face.

"Open wide sissy!" She says and shoves the cupcake in my mouth.

I spit the cupcake out and then wipe my face. Of course it had to be red icing.

"Well, I guess y'all just go crazy then." I mutter and cross my arms.

Stupid cupcake tradition.