10

'Good morning Dad' I walked into his bedroom with a smile on my face and I gave him his breakfast in bed. 'How are you?' I asked, sitting down next to him on the bed.

'Oh morning sweetheart, thank you so much' His face lit up. 'That's very nice of you' He hugged me.

'It's okay, just wanted to see that smile of yours' I chuckled. 'How are you feeling today?' I asked.

'I'm alright however I do feel a little bit sick so I'm gonna try and rest in bed all day' He sighed. 'Darling I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to eat it later if that's okay. Don't have an appetite at the moment' He said. I looked at him and he looked down, almost like he's embarrassed.

'That's okay Dad! I'll put it aside for you. Lie down and get some sleep' I said, placing the tray on the table beside him. 'I'll see you later, give us a shout if you need anything' I said, tucking him in bed. I'm trying my hardest to hold back the tears because it's not nice to see my dad feeling so ill and I can't do anything about it. I closed the door behind me and I ran to my bathroom, slammed the door and I sat down against the floor and burst into tears.

'Quinn?' Spencer called out. I covered my mouth with my hand to make less noise but I couldn't, my heart is breaking loudly. 'Let me in' He banged on the door. I didn't want him to wake up Dad so I opened the door.

'Hey what's going on?' He asked, sitting down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

'I can't pretend that everything's okay anymore' I tearfully spoke, wiping my tears.

'I know Quinn' He sighed. 'No one said you had to pretend though. You can talk to me, you can talk to Brad about anything' He reassured me. I shook my head and buried my head into his chest as he pulled me in his arms.

'I just don't want to cry anymore. I'm sick of it' I cried. I suddenly felt a pang of sharp stabbing in my stomach and I gasped in shock. 'Can you get Bradley please?' I asked. He raised an eyebrow in confusion and nodded his head. He didn't even question it, he got up quickly and ran downstairs to get Bradley. I slowly stood up, leaning on the sink trying to get through the pain. Scary thoughts are running around in my head, what if the baby is is danger, what if I lost the baby, what if this is early labour.

'I'm here I'm here. What's wrong?' Bradley asked, running towards me and hugged me. I'm still in pain but I'm also relieved just hearing his voice and having him here with me. I grabbed his hand and squeezed his hand. 'Quinn, tell me what's wrong?' He asked.

'My stomach hurts. So much' I whined. I'm still leaning on the sink, not being able to move because every movement I make gets worse.

'Right okay, can you call an ambulance please?' I heard Bradley ask Spencer. 'Baby, take deep breaths please. Everything will be okay' He squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead.

'What if we lost our baby, Bradley?' I sobbed.

'No! Don't say that' He whispered, gently tucking my hair behind my ears. 'Everything will be just fine, you're so strong and brave. We'll get through this' He kissed me.

'I love you so much. Please don't hate me if I lost our baby' I continued sobbing.

'Quinn! We haven't lost our baby, don't say that. And I love you so much, I could never hate you. You're just talking nonsense babe' He sighed.

//

'They're in here' I heard Spencer shout, running towards us. Paramedics followed him.

'She's my fiancé. She's 6 months pregnant and she said her stomach is hurting. It's been going on for half an hour now' Brad explained to the paramedics.

'Okay thank you. Darling, could you sit down for us please?' A paramedic kindly asked. I nodded my head and grabbed Brad's hand tightly.

'Don't leave me please' I whispered to him.

'I won't, I'm right here' He kissed my forehead. The paramedic gently pressed her hand on my belly and I slightly winced in pain.

'Could you take deep breaths for us please?' She kindly asked. She took out a stethoscope out of the first aid bag and placed it on my chest and on my stomach. 'I can assure you that your baby is fine, healthy heartbeat' She smiled at us.

'See, our baby girl is okay' Brad kissed my cheek. 'Why is she in pain though?' He asked confused.

'It could be due to stress. Have you been stressed out lately?' She asked. I sighed and nodded my head in response.