20

BRAD'S POV

'Where's Quinn?' I asked, walking around the kitchen looking for Quinn but she's nowhere to be seen.

'I think she went outside' Eva informed me. I smiled at her in response and walked towards the front door. As I opened the front door, I see Quinn sitting so peacefully on the ground by the driveway.

'Hello my love' I called out as I walk towards her and sat down next to her. I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows in concern as she didn't look at me and looked away instead. 'What's wrong my sweet?' I asked as I gently cupped her cheeks with my hands.

'Nothing I'm tired' She replied, shrugging her shoulders. She pouted and rested her head on my shoulder.

'Shall we call it a night?' I asked.

'No way I'm having a good time! No way are we gonna be the first to leave at our own party' She chuckled. I laughed with her but I could tell that something's wrong.

'So tell me why you're out here?' I asked, raising an eyebrow. She looked at me with a quivering bottom lip and teary eyes. 'Don't cry babe, talk to me' I wrapped her tightly in my arms and kissed her cheek.

'It's the hormones' She chuckled. I don't believe that for one second. 'Let's not talk about it tonight please' She sighed, looking away as she pulled away from me.

'No we're here now so you might as well just tell me' I sighed.

'But babe, you're pretty tipsy so we can't' She sighed deeply again. 'Honestly it's fine, not a big deal' She shrugged her shoulders.

'What have I said before about pushing me away?' I snapped. I stood up from the ground and looked down at her, waiting for her response.

'Honestly I don't even know what to say at this point. Just go back inside and enjoy the party, I'll be inside shortly' She shook her head sadly and looked away, wiping her tears.

'I'm not leaving you out here, anything could happen. Fine we can talk about it when we get home but for now, can you please come back inside?' I asked with puppy eyes. 'I love you' I said with a big cheesy grin, hoping to make her smile. She looked up at me and I could tell that she was trying not to smile but she eventually gave in and giggled.

'Okay okay' She chuckled, holding her hand up in the air for me to grab and pull her up. 'And I love you too' She whispered. She held my hand as we walked back inside and put on our happy faces for now.

//

'Before we go to bed, can we please talk?' I asked, reminding her of what happened and ensuring that I didn't forget.

'We'll talk in the morning' She groaned, dumping her tired body on her bed fully clothed. 'I'm gonna shower then get in pjs' She replied. I gently put my hand on her shoulder to pull her back and she turned around to face me with her sad eyes.

'I'm not stupid or blind. Have I done something to upset you?' I asked, sitting on the bed. She stood in between my legs and wrapped her arms around my neck.

'No of course you didn't do anything to upset me. I just got emotional' She forced a smile to try and reassure me but I ain't stupid. 'It's nothing honestly' She cupped her hands on my cheeks and kissed me.

'No, sit down and talk' I sighed. She didn't say anything for a minute and finally sat down next to me.

'Okay but promise you won't get mad?' She sighed. My heart started to race pretty fast just hearing that dreaded sentence.

'Okay I promise' I nodded my head. I rested my hand on her knee and she took a deep breath.

'I was getting deep in my thoughts and I started to doubt myself. I'm not sure if I quite feel ready to be a mother, I'm terrified to give birth, I'm scared if anything's gonna happen to her. I'm just scared to be a bad mum and wife' She shakily replied, nervously fiddling her thumbs.

'Oh baby, it's normal to feel like that. Sometimes I worry that I'm not going to be a good father to our little girl but I know we're gonna be the best parents' I reassuringly smiled, holding her hand. 'I just wish you'd have told me sooner' I said.

'I know I know, I feel like I've been a huge Debbie downer lately and I didn't want it to put you off me' She frowned with her cute puppy eyes.

'Put you off me? If anything, you always turn me on' I smirked and winked at her. Her cheeks started to blush and she started to giggle. My heart skipped a beat, hearing her giggle. 'But for real, never feel ashamed to be sad. I want you to be able to tell me whatever emotion you feel and not bottle it all up' I said.

'You know it's always hard for me to open up' She sighed, shaking her head in frustration.

'I know, that's why I can read you like a book' I chuckled. 'But if you're having doubts about keeping the baby, should we like talk about it some more?' I nervously asked.

'To be honest, I want to keep our baby. I want a family with you. We're getting married, this is our future' She said. I looked at her and smiled. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. 'I love you so much that it scares me' Her voice started to break. I could see a few tears escaping her eyes, I wiped her tears and I hugged her tightly.

'Oh Quinn, why does that scare you?' I gently asked. It absolutely breaks my heart hearing her say that but it also shows just how much I truly mean to her and that means something.

'I get scared that I'm going to disappoint you. I get scared that you're going to fall out of love with me because I've heard that it is what normally happens to new parents. I'm scared that you might not be in my life forever. I'm terrified because if that happened, I really don't know what I would do' Sue started to cry in my arms and I didn't know what to say. I was so shocked that she was thinking about things like that and was feeling like that.

'You know just how much I love you, if not more. I look at you everyday and I always think how lucky I am to have you to be my wife soon and the mother of our first child. No words can explain how grateful I am. You are never going to lose me, you're stuck with me!' I chuckled. She couldn't stop crying, she was just getting more and more emotional and I didn't know what else to say.

'I'm just scared of life itself, Bradley' She sobbed. She hugged me tighter and I really felt her emotion, and I was trying to fight my own tears. Knowing that she is so sad and so scared really hurts my heart because I know nothing I can say or do makes it better for her.

'We all are, sweetie. I'm scared to lose you, I'm scared that you're gonna fall out of love, I'm scared that I'm gonna disappoint you or our little one. But that's okay because it's normal to be worried. Just know that I love you so fucking much, it hurts' I whispered in her ear and wiped her tears on her cheeks.

'I know it's stupid because I do know how much you love me. I feel so frustrated that I'm having these thoughts because I don't want to feel like I'm betraying you' She said.

'Never!' I sighed, shaking my head. 'You're my best friend, my soul mate. We share everything, we even share our toothbrushes sometimes' I laughed.

'Even though it's kinda gross' She started to laugh. 'I'm sorry anyway. I love you so much. I'm gonna go in the shower now' She sighed.

'Okay babe. I love you more than anything. Go in the shower' I smiled.

'You gonna join me?' She asked, walking to the bathroom.

'I thought you'd never ask' I winked and followed her to the bathroom.