23

As I was cleaning my room, I heard a loud slam downstairs and it scared the hell out of me.

'Hello?' I shouted out in confusion as I'm meant to be home alone.

'It's only me!' I heard my dad shout. I sighed in relief and headed downstairs to see Dad. I walked to the kitchen and he was heavily breathing, pacing up and down.

'Dad, are you okay?!' I asked, standing in the kitchen doorframe. He looked at me and scratched the back of his neck. He looks on edge and anxious and it's scaring me.

'I'll be fine princess' He sighed, still pacing up and down the kitchen. 'Go back to doing what you were doing' He snapped as he realised that I'm still standing here, watching him.

'No I'm not leaving because you seem distraught. What happened? You were just at Eva's?' I asked, raising an eyebrow in pure confusion.

'Hello?!' I heard Spencer shout as the front door opened and closed. 'Eva called me, what's wrong Dad?' He asked gently as he walked towards us in the kitchen. Dad continued to anxiously breathe loudly and heavily, shaking his head violently like he didn't want to hear us.

'What did she say?' He asked, furrowing his eyebrows in concern.

'That you weren't yourself today. You were shouting at her and called her some unpleasant names. What's going on, Dad?' Spencer asked. I gasped quietly, in disbelief that my dad did that but I'm also so confused because Dad is one of the most generous people I've ever know. 

'I don't know. My mind is playing tricks on me. I'm scared and I just want to cry all the time' He started to cry and hearing the pain in his voice breaks me heart. I looked at Spencer with teary eyes and shook my head.

'Oh Dad, I'm sorry you're feeling shit. We're always here for you' I said, walking towards him to give him a hug.

'No I don't want your pity!' Dad screamed in my face and pushed me so hard that I fell on the floor face forward. I gasped in shock and immediately wrapped my arms around my belly. I looked up at Spencer and I burst into tears. 'I-I-I am so sorry' He gasped, covering his face with his hands and shaking his head in frustration.

'I'm going to Brad's. Sort him out' I tearfully said to Spencer. He nodded his head and hugged me. I quickly walked out of the house, I don't even have my phone, I don't even have my car keys so I'm just going to walk to his house and I pray that someone's there. As I was walking, I couldn't stop crying and my back is hurting so much. My dad never hurt me in my entire life and he never shouted at me like that before. That broke my heart. I hope Spencer is okay.

I finally arrived outside Brad's house so I quickly wiped my tears but it's obvious I've been crying because my eyes are super red and puffy along with mascara stained cheeks.

'Oh my god are you okay?' Connor gasped in shock as he opened the door. 'Brad, get here now' He shouted. Connor quickly wrapped his arms around me as I started to cry again, this time I couldn't breathe.

'What's wro- Quinn?!?' I heard Brad exclaim in worry as he pulled me away from Connor and embraced me tightly in his arms.

'She literally just turned up' Connor replied.

'Is everything okay? What happened? Why didn't you call me?' He bombarded me with questions that I didn't want to answer. 'Babe, breathe' He whispered and kissed my forehead.

'I-it's Dad' I sighed as I finally got my breathing back to normal. 'He came home and he was very agitated. Spencer then came home saying that Eva called him saying that Dad was really angry and started to call her horrible names. Dad started crying so I went to give him a hug but he screamed at my face and pushed me I fell' I explained.

'What?!?' Brad exclaimed in shock.

'You need to go to the hospital to check if the baby's okay' Connor said. 'I'll drive' He added.

'I'm sure the baby's okay' I said, shaking my head.

'No, we're going' Brad said, holding my hand as we walk to Connor's car.

'If something's wrong then I'm really sorry' I spoke quietly as my voice was starting to break. I'm truly heartbroken and shaken. Brad's phone started to ring and it was Spencer. 'Answer it!' I said.

'Don't be sorry!' Brad said before answering the phone. 'You're on speaker mate, everything okay? Quinn's here with me' He said.

'Yeah Erm, Quinn Dad ran off looking for you. Have you seen him?' Spencer asked, sounding shaken and worried. 'Think he said something about the hospital?' He questioned.

'Yeah we're actually on our way to the hospital now to check if the baby's okay but I doubt we'll get checked today' Brad said. I think Dad knew I'd be going to hospital to get checked and that's why he's going there.

'Quinn, are you okay?' Spencer asked.

'Yeah I'm fine' I replied. Brad kissed my forehead and wrapped his arm around my shoulder tightly. 'Are you okay?' I asked.

'He was just screaming and shouting but he knows he messed up. He never meant to hurt you Quinn' He said.

'I know he didn't. I just don't want to face him yet' I sighed.