chapter 2

"And you are?", I managed to ask without any fear

"Just someone that's not that important", he replied. "Now, get out before you get spotted by the CEO here"

"I'm not leaving. I'm substituting for my brother because he's at the hospital", I told him and walked closer to him. "We can't afford to waste any money to cancel the contract. As long as the place gets clean, it doesn't matter who does it"

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you", he said and scanned me once again. "You look like a high school student. The shift is for four hours, are you sure you can handle it?"

"Yeah, I can", I said, overflowing with confidence. "Now, if you could excuse me, I should be cleaning the lobby and halls of this place"

I passed by him and was going to leave the room before he blocked me from taking another step. He crossed his arms and stood tall, looking down on me because of our height difference.

"You're so full of confidence but you don't even know what to do", he scoffed and pointed at the cleaning supply cart that was in the room. "Don't forget that"

"I forgot it because you were talking to me", I rolled my eyes and headed over to the cart and pushed it towards the door that was now open thanks to the guy earlier. "You should continue working, unless you want to get fired"

"Yeah right", he dryly chuckled as he followed me outside. "We're in charge of the lobby until the fifth floor of this place. Let's take a break when we reach the third floor"

"And why are you so nice?", I asked him as we finally arrived at the lobby. "I thought you were going to drag me out?"

"If I do it, they might call the cops on me and call it an abduction or child abuse", he laughed, targeting my short height.

"Yeah, and if I kick you in the balls, they might call it animal abuse", I deadpanned.

"Whatever", he rolled his eyes at me as he grabbed the mop and started to mop the floor and I ended up doing the same.

It took us an hour to finish cleaning the lobby and almost three hours until we finally finished up the three floors, leaving two floors left to clean. I was overworked, my body becoming sore from having to mop the whole place with that guy.

I was looking for the guy but couldn't find him so I looked around to spot him but was surprised by the multiple men walking in suits. They were walking to where I was and I panicked.

"That guy told me to not get caught", I muttered to myself, trying to look for a place to hide but there was nowhere to hide.

"You idiot"

I looked behind to see that guy and he pulled my wrist towards a certain room and locked the door once we entered it.

"Are you crazy?", I questioned, looking around the room. "This is an office of one of the workers here. We're more likely to get caught here!"