chapter 41

ʜʏᴇʀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

ʜʏᴇʀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Hey guys", I nervously said, looking at Chenle and Jisung whose faces were unreadable. "Do we go to the gym to practice for the graduation already or not yet?"

"Jisung and I were waiting for you", Chenle replied, smiling. "Let's all go together!"

Thankfully, the two of them didn't bring up the whole break up news during practice. They acted normally like every other day without any awkwardness, which made me relieved. I didn't want to talk about it as it still affected me.

"Lunch is the only time I enjoy being in school", Jisung said, getting in line first before the two of us. Chenle and I chuckled, looking at Jisung who was focused on getting his food. "Today's menu is the best!"

"You always say that, Jisung", Chenle chuckled. He looked at me and let me go first before him. "You shouldn't skip meals."

"You too", I said, not including Jisung because he won't miss a meal for sure.

The three of us got our school lunch and headed to the usual spot where we sit at. I sat across from the two who sat beside each other. Before eating, Chenle looked at me.

"Hyerin", he called and my head shot up. "About Jeno's fa—"

"Can we not talk about him or what happened?", I asked, my face stiffened. "I'm not in the mood for it."

"Oh, okay. Sure, of course", Chenle wore a fake smile, then proceeding to eat his food.

The table was quiet which wasn't common. It was usually filled with laughter, jokes and random rants and gossips that go around the school. We finished eating and I decided to head out of the cafeteria first, leaving the two inside. I needed time to think.

"Hyerin!"

I turned around to see Jisung panting after he caught up with me. I raised and eyebrow, wondering why he was running after me.

"What is it?", I asked.

"Jeno's going to arrive here during dismissal time", Jisung informed me. "It's best if you skip the next two hours of practice so that you won't bump into him."

"And why are you saying this?", I asked, knowing that he must be on the side of Jeno. That made me think again, maybe the two of them are on my side. We never know.

"You should know. I know that you wouldn't want to see him", Jisung explained. "Maybe I'm wrong, you want to see him but there's something stopping you from doing that. The choice is always yours, not to others."

"Thanks, Sung", I thanked him, smiling at him. "I'll skip the next few classes. Keep my bag in my locker, okay? You know the password anyways."

"Sure thing", Jisung responded, making his way back to Chenle who was in the cafeteria.