chapter 23

"Jungwoo!", I exclaimed as I entered his hospital room

"Jungwoo!", I exclaimed as I entered his hospital room. "How are you? Have you been okay?"

"I've been great", Jungwoo replied with a smile. It had been two weeks since I last visited him because of my hectic schedule. "I heard you magazine came out yesterday?"

"Yeah! Here it is!", I excitedly gave him the magazine and he was smiling really wide as he looked at it. "You can keep it!"

Jungwoo looked through the magazine and his smile was present the whole time.

"I'm so proud of you!", Jungwoo exclaimed, his eyes teary. "You managed to take care of yourself and get to be on a magazine. Mom and Dad would be proud of you"

I hope so. It's been quite a while since I've last visited their grave.

Jungwoo and I were chatting, catching up with each other when a sudden knock at the door. I got up from my chair and headed towards the door and opened it. I saw Jeno standing in front of me, holding a basket full of fruits. He smiled at me and proceeded inside. He placed the basket on the table beside Jungwoo's bed.

"What are you doing here?", I asked him as Jeno fixed the suit he was wearing.

"I told you that we're going on a friendly date and that I'd pick you up but you weren't home so I thought you might be here", Jeno explained. "I bought some fruit for your brother as well"

I saw Jungwoo look at Jeno, staring at him as he was speechless.

"What's the CEO doing here?", he mouthed. "What's with the two of you?"

"It's nothing, he just wants to befriend me", I informed Jungwoo who nodded.

"Since you're also one of my workers, it would be nice to visit you", Jeno said to Jungwoo with a smile. "I hope you take care of your healthy"

"I know that you're the CEO and all...", Jungwoo trailed. "But if you're planning to date my sister, I'll have to say you should stop. You're not going to get my approval"

Jeno's smiling face dropped as he heard those words that came from my brother. He didn't reply or argue, but just faked a smile.

"Can I leave with Hyerin now?", Jeno politely asked.

Jungwoo sighed and nodded his head, allowing us to leave.

"Let's go?", Jeno questioned me.

I looked at Jeno, scanning him. He was wearing a formal suit, dress shoes and had his hair styled. I bit my inner cheek, not liking the outfit he was wearing.