chapter 6

[a/n: i'm sorry for too much second lead haechan scenes, i wanted to make some relationship build up with the second lead and main girl]

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

Jeno was spending the late night in his office, past office hours of course. He didn't really like the idea of being a young CEO, but because of his father's demands, he decided to fulfill it.

"Secretary Moon, what's my schedule for today?", Jeno asked the older man.

Secretary Moon was the old secretary of his father. His father liked Secretary Moon a lot, so he made sure that he stayed as the secretary. Jeno, on the other hand, wasn't fond of the guy.

"You'll be attending a meeting at 9am about the sales and purchases of the makeup during the past month. At 3pm, you'll be physically checking the factory and lastly, at 6pm, you have a dinner with your business partners", he replied. "Your schedule is fully booked so we need to be quick"

"That means I won't get a wink of sleep again, am I right?", Jeno questioned.

"You're always right, Sir", he replied.

"Wrong", Jeno scoffed. "This is why I want a new secretary"

"That's a bit rude of you to say in front of me", Secretary Moon spoke. "I've been one of the best secretaries that your father has"

"That's my father, not me", Jeno said and laid back on the chair. He loosened his tie and unbuttoned the first two buttons of his polo. "We're clearly different"

"I can see", Secretary Moon said.

"You're dismissed", Jeno said and Secretary Moon left his office, leaving him alone.

Jeno glanced at the family photo he had framed and placed on his desk. He sighed and looked at the clock, it was one in the morning and he didn't get a minute of sleep. He took off his glasses and got his phone out of his pocket and dialed a certain number.

"Hey Mark", he spoke.

"Oh, Jeno, I see you called", the boy said. "What's wrong? Did something happen with dad? Did he stress you out again?"

"No, just a fully packed schedule ahead of me", he chuckled bitterly. "How about you? How are you there at Canada?"

"It's the same old", Mark replied. "It'd be nice if you visited me though. I haven't seen you in ages, almost five years?"

"Yeah, I've been very busy", he said. "It's sad that dad forces you to stay there"

"Well, you know he still considers me a misfortune after all", Mark sighed. "I wish I got to spend more time with you guys though"