chapter 12

It was after school and I was by myself the whole day, because Jisung and Chenle were absent

"They could've told me to also be absent if the two of them were going to not go to school", I muttered. "At least I don't have to work at the convenience store today"

I was walking to the gate of the school when I felt my phone buzz. I took it out of my pocket, then opening it to see messages.

lee donghyuck

let's have the hangout today~
i'm bored :(
come to my house
i'll send my address in a bit
be there or be square ;)
seen

"What does that even mean", I questioned myself and waited for him to send the address.

I exited the school and started walking to the address he sent me. While I was walking, I spotted a familiar person on my way, leaning back on the wall, AirPods in his ears. I took a quick picture of him.

"Hey, Haechan", I said but he didn't respond so I tapped on his shoulder. His eyes opened that were closed and looked at me, then taking off one AirPod. "I thought I was supposed to go to your house?"

"Yeah, but then again, I want to walk with you", he said. "By the way, you took my picture, didn't you?"

"How did you know?", I asked.

"I have this seventh sense", he chuckled.

"But we have five sense though?", I questioned. "What's the sixth one?"

"I can sense and see ghosts", he replied.

"Wait, really?", I was surprised.

"No, I was just joking", he laughed at my reaction. "I can sense..."

"Sense...", I was getting impatient.

He stepped in front of me and leaned forward a bit so that I was facing his face.

"Your love for me", he said with a cheeky smile and started to laugh.

"As if", I rolled my eyes. "You're so cheerful"

"Of course, I'm the sun", he said pridefully as we walked together.

"But that's the sun", I said, pointing at the actual sun.

"Well, there can only be one", Haechan said and showed a hand gun and pointed it at the sun, pretending to shoot the sun.

I started to laugh because of that. We had a long conversation filled with laughter on our way to his house. Once we arrived, he opened the door and let me inside.

"Your house is cool", I complimented. "You have AirPods, a nice house and you're still working as a janitor?"

"I mean, you have to stay humble", he said and guided me to his living room. "What are you going to the photo you took of me? Post in on your Instagram?"