chapter 16

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

"If you want to be CEO, then fine, convince mom and dad", Jeno gritted his teeth. "I never wanted to be a business man in the first place"

Haechan let go of Jeno's collar and walked away without saying anything. He didn't want to waste his precious time on someone else when the girl he loves is at the hospital, crying. He can still hear her sobs when she had called him earlier to take over her shift.

Haechan never paid attention this much to one person, as he was busy in his fantasy world, full of imaginations. It's just that this time is different, he was willing to step out of that safety place he made for himself just to help out Hyerin.

"I'm here", Haechan said as he arrived at the hospital after running there. He walked up to the nurse and caught her attention. "Do you know where Kim Jungwoo is at?"

"He should be in the operating room", the nurse said and told him the directions.

"Do you know where you can pay the medical bill?", he asked.

"You should be able to see our cashier at the end of that hall", the nurse pointed to the place.

"Thank you", Haechan said and hurried to the cashier. He stood there and approached them. "Can I pay for the medical bills of Kim Jungwoo please"

Haechan paid for the bills, because he didn't want to see Hyerin starving herself and wanted her to eat her meals. He thought that this was the best he could do, other than being there for her.

After paying, he went to the hall where the operating room was and saw Hyerin there, crying alone. He sat beside her and patted her back.

"Everything is going to be alright, trust me", Haechan said softly as he comforted her. "I'm here for you"

"They said he was doing well", Hyerin cried. "Now, he's in the operating room"

"We never know what will happen in the future, but one thing is for sure", Haechan said and brought his pinky finger out. "I'll always have your back, I promise"

"Don't leave my pinky hanging", Haechan said when Hyerin didn't pinky swear. Hyerin looked at Haechan then to his pinky and the two pinky swore. "Now, let's wait until the doctor informs us"

"Yeah", Hyerin weakly agreed.

ʜʏᴇʀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴠ

Haechan walked me home as always and he made my day brighter. He really suited the name Haechan. I went inside my place and plopped right down on the bed, falling asleep right away.

Once morning came, I woke up immediately and got up to get ready for the day. I took a shower and put my school uniform on, then leaving the house with my bag. I was casually walking to school, nearly there when I was attacked from behind and was pulled into a headlock.

"Surprise!", Chenle shouted and I saw that Jisung was also with us. "We saw you walking so we decided to join you"

"Oh, Hyerin", Jisung said then pointed to my eyes. "Your eyes are puffy, what happened? Did you cry? Why did you cry?"

"It's something not so important", I replied, trying to avoid the topic.

"Here we go again with this talk", Chenle said as he broke the headlock. "Just be honest with us, please Hyerin?"

I bit my lips before answering.

"My brother was rushed to the operating room yesterday night", I explained. "He had a Bypass surgery and he's okay for now. He just needs more medicines"

"I would've also cried in that situation", Jisung said.

"This isn't about you, Jisung", Chenle said and focused his attention to me. "You really don't need the money?"

"I'll be getting my salary soon anyways", I assured them. "No need to worry"

"You know that we're ready to help you, right?", Jisung asked and I nodded.

"I'll get through this somehow", I said, trying to be positive.

The day passed as it wasn't so different from the other days. I finished my part time job at the convenience store and I was heading to Lee Cosmetics. On my way, I thought about buying Sir Lee an apology gift for missing my shift and letting Haechan take over.

"I'll just buy something cheap", I muttered and went into a shop that had some cool stuff. My eyes were attracted to the dreamcatcher that was 20,000 won. I decided to buy it using some extra money I had.

I left the store afterwards and continued walking to Lee Cosmetics. Once I arrived, I went in the janitor's room to get the cart and brought it to the elevator. I entered the elevator with the cart and pressed the button where the CEO's office was. I then got off and knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

I opened the door and brought the cart in. I stood there for a minute, then approaching him by his desk and placed the paper bag on his desk.

"I'm sorry that I made Haechan take my shift, something urgent happened", I apologized. "I bought this to make it up to you"

He stared at the paper bag that was in front of him.

"What is it?", Sir Lee asked.

"Open it", I told him and he grabbed the bag and opened it.

"What is this?", he asked, taking out the dreamcatcher. "What is it for?"

"It's supposed to protect you from bad dreams", I answered and he nodded, placing it back inside, which made me worried that he didn't like it. "But if you don't like it, I can—"

"Who said I didn't like it?", he asked me, then straightening his back and adjusted his tie. "I have something to say to you"

"What do you want to say?", I asked, then remembering his drunk state back then and I was nervous that he was going to ask about it so I bit my lips.

"Sign this contract", Sir Lee said, placing down a piece of paper on his desk. "I'm hiring you as a model for Lee Cosmetics"

[a/n: had a hectic day but happy 4 years with dream! i was planning not to update cuz im vvv sleepy but i just forced myself awake

[a/n: had a hectic day but happy 4 years with dream! i was planning not to update cuz im vvv sleepy but i just forced myself awake. i'll be waking up to yall's comments tom <333 ]