chapter 35

[a/n: sorry for any typos or confusing things in this chapter, i'm still in shock and getting a hold of myself😭 ]

"What?", I was baffled. I thought he was going to help me look for a place, but instead he asked me to stay with him?

"I said what I said", Jeno said. "If you're comfortable though."

"Give me a few days to think about it", I told him. I needed to discuss this with Jungwoo. "Oh right, are you going to sleep here?"

"I was planning to sleep on the couch, but that's up to you", Jeno nonchalantly said. "I'm okay anywhere."

"I feel bad if I sleep here because this is your place", I said. "It wouldn't hurt for you to stay here."

"I forgot to place something here", Jeno muttered and looked for something in his bag. "Here it is."

He brought out a dream catcher, the one I gave him. He hung it on the wall where the headboard was against.

"I always have it above my bed. I haven't gotten any bad dreams ever since you gave it", Jeno smiled and laid beside me. "Anything related to you makes me feel better."

"As if", I laughed. "But seriously, have you really never liked anyone else besides me?"

"Nope", Jeno replied and pulled me closer to him, his arm around me. "I'm a proud single since birth guy. Well, not anymore but still."

"Damn, I feel bad now for liking someone", I joked. "I'm just kidding."

"I don't care who they are, but you like me now", Jeno said, not getting jealous. "That's all that matters."

"Yeah", I replied.

"Anyways...", Jeno trailed, looking at me. "About that one kiss."

I didn't hesitate to press my lips onto his. It was quick, but it made me happy. It was like how people say they get butterflies in their stomach. It's more than being over the moon with someone you love. It was like being comfortable and loved by the person who can offer the same.

"I didn't say I'll use it yet", Jeno chuckled.

"I'd give it to you anyways", I told him. "If you don't want, then—"

"I didn't say anything like that", Jeno cut me off. He suddenly broke the cuddle session and clapped his hands. The lights turned off and he turned on the lampshades. "Cool, isn't it?"

"Woah, these things are usually seen in dramas", I was in awe. I tried clapping my hands and the lights turned on. "Wow!"

"You're like a kid", Jeno chuckled and clapped his hands, turning off the lights. He grabbed my hands and put them together. "Don't play with the lights. You might break it."

"Hey! I only break glassware", I argued.

"You might as well add lightbulbs to the list", Jeno joked. "But seriously, we should sleep. You need to rest."