chapter 26

"Uhm

"Uhm...", I trailed, flustered by the sudden question. I know he likes me, but am I really ready to start dating someone? The endless thoughts and situations I imagined ate up my brain. "You can try, but don't keep your hopes up too high I guess"

I avoided eye contact and bit my lips, the worst bad habit I have. Opening up my heart after having a proper job to supply the needs of Jungwoo, may be the thing that may complete my life. It's just that, we never know what the future has in store for us.

"Really?", Jeno questioned, a smile rising up.

"I'm giving you only one shot", I told him and we both shared eye contact.

His eyes looked happy. They weren't empty.

"Thank you", Jeno smiled, his eye smile was evident. "I'm excited to do something that I actually want to do."

"I told you not to raise your expectations and hopes", I reminded, looking away.

"I won't raise my expectations", he said and delicately moved my face to face him. "I'll raise yours. You'll expect a lot from me."

"Try your best", I shrugged, keeping my straight face.

"I truly will", he smirked. He clasped his hands together and looked at me again. "It's pretty late now, you should go inside. Good night, dream a good dream"

"You too", I replied.

I headed towards the door and looked back to see Jeno still outside. He gestured his hand, signaling that I should go inside now. I sighed, holding back a smile and went inside.

I changed into pajamas and threw my dirty clothes in the laundry basket. I plopped down on my bed, resting on the single bed mattress that didn't have a bed frame, but just laid down on the floor.

"What mess have I gotten myself into", I muttered, feeling frustrated. "I'm technically not single since birth because I have had crushes, but they never seemed to like me back. Those crushes were when I was in elementary though."

Ding.

I jolted up from the sudden noise. I sighed after knowing that it was just a message. I opened the contact that messaged me.

lee haechan

hey shawty

hey baldchan

:<

sad? deal with it.

ouch.
that hurt me in my meow meow.