chapter 36

"Jungwoo, why is he here?", I looked at Jungwoo who was sitting up, leaning against the headboard

"Jungwoo, why is he here?", I looked at Jungwoo who was sitting up, leaning against the headboard. "Especially since he disappeared ever since I was 15. He left us with no money, Jungwoo! Why is he here?!"

"Hyerin, he isn't what you thought he was", Jungwoo tried to get out of bed, but I stopped him.

"Byeol, calm—"

"I hate it whenever you call me that", I hissed, glaring at Doyoung. "Do you know how hard it was for Jungwoo to provide for the two of us? He gave up his education for mine! While you ran away with all the money that mom and dad worked hard for."

Doyoung sighed, putting his hands in his pockets. He looked down to his feet for a while, then looked up to me. His eyes were watery.

"Hyerin", he spoke, his voice remaining calm. "Let's talk? That's all I want to do. I need to explain my side."

"You should listen to him, Hyerin", Jungwoo agreed. "I would regret it if I were you."

"Life is full of regrets, Jungwoo. Even if I'm going to regret it, nothing much will change", I told him. I took out my wallet and placed a couple bills on Jungwoo's bed. "I need some time. You should buy yourself something. I'll come back after a couple days."

I turned my back towards them and walked out of the room. I hustled down the crowded corridor of the hospital and made my way out. I took a deep breath in, trying to calm myself. It was like a wound from the past was opened. It wouldn't have hurt that much if it were a new wound, but an old wound would hurt more because you never expected it.

"I hate it here", I muttered and rushed inside the car.

"What's the matter?", Secretary Moon asked.

"Can you drive me to the nearest florist?", I asked. "Can you not tell Jeno?"

"Alright", he replied and didn't ask another question and headed to the nearest florist.

I got out of the car and entered the place. I picked out a bouquet and bought it.

"Thank you ma'am", the florist said and I bowed my head as it was a habit.

I entered the car and asked Secretary Moon one last favor.

"Can you take me to Wonders Cemetery?", I asked. "I'll be quick."

"Yes ma'am", he replied.

He drove me to the said cemetery and waited in the car. I went out and headed inside the cemetery, walking towards the two tombstones.

"Hey mom, dad", I croaked. I tried my best to keep my tears from flowing. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit recently. A lot of things happened. Jungwoo is in the hospital, I've been working and got a boyfriend and Doyoung... He came back after four years."

"I don't know why he came back. Why did he have to reappear in my life? He isn't a magician to just pop up out of nowhere. I just don't understand", I ranted. "Should I really listen to him? Should I give him another chance?"