chapter 42

"Time of death, 1:32pm", the doctor announced as they removed the oxygen mask and looked towards everyone in the room

"Time of death, 1:32pm", the doctor announced as they removed the oxygen mask and looked towards everyone in the room. "I'll give you all time before discussing about further details."

The doctor and nurse walked out of the room, leaving the three alone with the previous CEO.

"I'll settle the funeral. It's the last thing I can do for him before spending my time in jail", Jeno's stepmother spoke. "You two should settle things already. I'll take care of his unfinished business."

"Before you go, can I ask something?", Jeno asked.

"Sure, what is it?", his stepmother questioned.

"I need to get your consent. Can I date Hyerin? Are you okay with it, unlike Father?", he asked.

"Of course. I won't force you to stop loving someone", his stepmother smiled. "I'll contact your brothers as well and tell them to get the earliest flight here."

Jeno nodded and Secretary Moon and him left the room and headed straight to Lee Cosmetics to settle everything and prepare for the worst. Upon arriving, there were already reporters waiting outside the building, flooding the two.

"Is it true that your father has passed away?"

"Did Mr. Lee cheat?"

"Are the accusations against him true?"

"Sir Lee Jeno will answer your questions later, for now, please step aside", Secretary Moon tried his best to maintain the crowd around them.

The two announced a board meeting before publicly speaking to the public. After settling everything, Jeno entered the room where multiple interviewers and reporters were at. He wasn't nervous, but was worried for everyone who it may affect.

"I am Lee Jeno, the current CEO of Lee Cosmetics. I am the son of the founder of this company and I have to announce the sad news of the death of my father. He died earlier today in the hospital", Jeno explained. "In his will, he had many things to confess, which I will discuss. Any damage taken to the company will be taken care of under my control, as CEO. While for false accusations that will be posted online, the company's law team will sue every single person. Now, for the truth that my father did not say..."

He continued to talk about everything. The truth and only the truth. Many gasps and foul reactions were seen, but Jeno didn't mind them. He was able to answer everyone's questions.

"Now, my father has made many mistakes. I can assure you that I, Lee Jeno, the current CEO of Lee Cosmetics will be honest to the public. I will never make any of the same mistakes as my father", Jeno seriously said. "I will be better."

Haechan arrived in Korea at night. He headed straight to his family's house and saw his mother there, sitting on the couch with documents scattered on the coffee table.