chapter 7

"The two of you, in my office", CEO Lee said with a serious tone

"The two of you, in my office", CEO Lee said with a serious tone. "Now."

"What if I don't want to?", Haechan asked with a cocky smirk on his face.

The CEO gave me a weird glance, then looked at Haechan who wasn't in the mood. Haechan eventually gave in and the two of us went to his office. To be honest, I was pretty scared.

"Can you explain why you're working here?", CEO Lee asked me.

"My brother, Kim Jungwoo is sick and is in the hospital and he can't work", I explained. "I don't want to pay an extra fee, I'm already burdened by paying his medical bills"

"Why did you take his position? I don't think I hired you to do the job", he said, his intense stare was frightening.

"Didn't you hear her?", Haechan scoffed. "It's obvious she's doing it for her brother"

"I didn't ask you, Haechan", CEO Lee said.

"You heard him", I said.

"I see you're determined", he said.

"Don't even try to negotiate with him, Hyerin", Haechan said and glanced at our boss. "He's a coldhearted prick. He won't give any chances to you"

"I'll think about it", he said, which surprised the two of us.

"Thank you!", I exclaimed, somewhat relieved.

"The two of you are dismissed for the night", he said. "I'll be needing your contact information, Miss Kim"

"Oh right", I said. I took out my notepad and wrote down my contact information on it. I ripped it off and handed it over to the CEO. "We'll be going now"

I grabbed Haechan's arm and pulled him out of the room.

"How are you not fired at this point?!"

"I have my ways", he lowly chuckled. "By the way, do you want to hangout later today? At around lunch?"

"I have scho—"

"You're forgetful", he said. "It's a holiday tomorrow"

I checked the date on my phone and realized there was a holiday tomorrow.

"But I need to work—"

"Don't worry. You should take a break", he suggested. "How about we go somewhere refreshing? Maybe the beach?"

"I'm not so sure", I replied, knowing that I should be with my brother or working to get money to pay for his medical bills.

"Come on, like you said, you don't really hangout with friends. I'll make sure you'll have fun!", he pleaded. "Even I need a day off like that"

"You do have a point...", I trailed.

"I always have a point", he said. "What do you say?"

"Fine, it won't hurt to have a little fun", I agreed.