chapter 4

It's been a week since I've been working at my brother's work place and it was now the weekend

It's been a week since I've been working at my brother's work place and it was now the weekend. My body was extremely sore when I woke up because of the past few days of working nonstop.

"What time is it?", I asked myself and looked at the clock to see that it was. "It's four in the afternoon?!"

I overslept but didn't regret it because I only had three hours of sleep everyday, very different from my eight hour of sleep days when Jungwoo didn't get hospitalized.

"I should probably buy Jungwoo some fruits on my way to the hospital", I said to myself as I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready to visit my brother.

"I'd like to buy three apples, oranges and one package of grapes", I said as the lady put all the fruits in a bag.

"That'll be 12,000 won", she said and I handed over the exact amount. "Thank you"

I smiled and left the place, heading towards the hospital. Once I arrived, I headed to the counter.

"Excuse me, what room is patient Kim Jungwoo in?", I asked.

The nurse checked and looked up at me.

"He's currently in the X-ray room, but you can wait in his room", he explained. "His room number is 127"

"Thank you", I thanked him and made my way to room 127 and when I entered the room, I saw that it was empty. "I guess I'll just wait for him then"

I sat down on the couch that was in the room and waited patiently. I took out my notepad while waiting and calculated the money we had left.

"We have 200,000 left in savings, I have 150,000 that I have for my personal savings", I calculated. "That's not enough for the medicines. What we have left is just enough for the tests and for the room. Where am I supposed to get more money?"

I immediately hid my notepad when Jungwoo came back. He had a smile on his face as the doctor was with him. He pulled me into a hug and immediately broke it afterwards, going to his bed to lay down.

"I missed you, but the doctor has something to say", Jungwoo said.

I nodded and the two of us left the room to talk privately.

"You must be the little sister of Jungwoo", he said as he looked at his chart. "After many tests, we've concluded that your brother has chronic bronchitis, which needs to be treated. He'll be needing a bronchodilator and it's also good if we put him under pulmonary rehabilitation"

"How much would that cost?", I asked, worried about the costs.

"It would cost around a little over two million won", he answered. "The thing is, he also has anemia, which he also needs medicines for. It'll cost around a million won, including other treatments"