chapter 14

"Excuse me?", I was baffled at what I just heard

"You heard me right?", he stood up from his chair. "As a businessman and a CEO, I would get ambitious and greedy. If we want to obtain something, we'd do anything including staying up late and making connections with people who can help us obtain it. Same goes here"

"What do you mean?", I was still not getting his point.

"I mean, if I were to like you in the future, you'll know my feelings right away", he explained. "This is the first time I wanted something that concerns myself. Anyways, you're dismissed"

"I—"

"I said you're dismissed", he repeated himself.

I gave up and left his office. It bothered me a lot. I tried to brush it off and went to the elevator and went down to the janitor's room. It was empty and I placed the cart back and headed towards Jungwoo's locker and took off the uniform. I placed it back and locked it, then sitting on the bench to think about everything.

"Sir Lee with me? He may like me?", I questioned myself. "In just a couple of days? What the heck..."

"Hey Byeol", Haechan called for me and I jumped up, surprised that he was nearby. I looked at him and he sat down beside me. "What's on your mind? Did Jeno do something?"

"He confessed?", I wasn't too sure. "He said some weird things"

"Confessed? That's surprising", Haechan muttered.

"I'm still in shock, I can't really focus", I told him.

"Then do you want to go home already?", Haechan asked. "I can walk you home"

"But your shift", I argued.

"That can wait", Haechan said and took off his uniform and put it back in the locker. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Let's go, you should sleep early"

"Wow, concerned?", I questioned.

"No, you just need to grow taller", he scoffed and we left the janitor's room and headed out of Lee Cosmetics.

We were walking towards my house and Haechan kept me close to him the whole time. I didn't feel uncomfortable but it was just something I needed to get used to.

"Byeol"

"What?"

"Byeol"

"Yes, Haechan?"

"Byeol"

"What?"

"Byeol"

"What is it?"

"Byeol"

"Haechan, what do you want?"

"You", he replied with a cheeky smirk that was seen due to the streetlights that brightened up the place.