||8

………●………

" Firstly,I would like to say thank you for coming here to join my happiness,it's very hard moving and changing friends and location,that's why I called both the old and new friends to join me in this celebration,we give thanks to almighty God and let's enjoy this short evening by eating and making more friends,as some of you may know,am Omisha Tamara,a single strong mother who's catering for two lovely kids,Allen and Nova and we are your new neighbours ". Omisha concluded as they smiled clapping.

Allen put on music as Chlorine  boomed through the home theater.

"Sipping on straight Chlorine,let the vibe roll over me,this beat is a chemical.....

The adult moved to the balcony whereas the kids stayed in the parlour.

Nova handed drinks to her friends.

" So,Zara,Why did you not come with Zion? ".

" He went to play Basketball,they had night match in our estate field ". Zara replied sipping the drink as her eyes were glued  to Princewill.

" He said he might show up though ". Anthony said.

" So,Shantelle didn't your mother tell you,in the morning when she saw me,I told her I was your sister and she literally froze like I was your sister and ressurected to life ". Nova laughed as everyone paused. When Nova noticed no-one was smiling at her joke,she excused herself to meet Allen and his new gang.

" Weird classmates ". She walked into the kitchen.

" What's weird about them? ". Princewill laughed.

" They're acting so weird and scared,like they're hiding something from me and am beginning to think like everyone is hiding something from me ". Nova sat down on a stool.

" Everyone have secrets and secrets are not secrets of they're not kept hidden ". He explained.

" Yes I know,so do you have a juicy secret? ".

" Secret Nova,it won't be if I tell you ". He said.

" Well,if you don't want to share with me,I have one...my brother thinks am weird,he calls me Da...Nova,what's that?,he has a secret too,tell me yours".

" If you tell secrets to strangers,I don't ".  He dipped his drink.

" Wow,so we are strangers? ". Nova was slightly hurt,she stood up.

" Enjoy the rest of the party ". Nova left and went to the toilet.

Antonia and Shantelle was there but they were talking in hushed voices,       Nova quickly moved back.

" Stop acting like a saint,Antonia, Keeping quiet and acting all prim won't make you less guilty ".

" Shantelle I don't want to speak with you right now ".

" Why?,if I ruin your dignity,you're going to kill me? ". Shantelle said as Antonia slapped her hard which left Shantelle in shock.

" Don't you dare put the whole blame on me,am not the only one keeping quiet,we all are! ". Antonia said as Shantelle gave  her back a slap and it turned to a fighting  duo.

" Guys ". Nova called the rest to separate them.

Minutes later,everyone had left except Obinna,and Princewill. Obinna was staying over. She was disappointed as both of them ruined the party and she didn't know what escalated the fight.

She sighed clearing the kitchen as the doorbell rang.

" I'll get it ". Princewill said as she ignored him.

" A friend ". Princewill came back to tell her.

" Who? ". Nova frowned walking to the door,it was Zion in a red singlet jersey and shorts with a ball on his hand.

" Uh..Zion hi....Zara told me you were busy that's why ".

" Yes am sorry,congratulations on your new home,got you this ".  He gave her a gift  wrapped box.

" Thanks ".  She beamed.

" See you in school ".  He jogged out.

Nova blushed and walked back inside.

" Nova can we talk? ". Princewill asked.

" I don't talk to strangers ". She ran to her room so eager to rip the gift apart.

××××××

" Nova Tamara ". Her mother yelled as Nova quickly laid on her bed,she has been staring at her New star ceiling and alarm clock that Zion had given her.

" I know you're awake young girl,we have to talk about that unruly behavior you displayed today with Mr.Benjamin and Mrs Linda ". Her mother walked in with a wrapped present.

Nova sat up when she saw the present.

" Who gave you that? ". Nova asked as her Mom threw it on  her as she ripped it,it was a blue fluffy square sized pillow that 'Welcome Home' was brightly written on it.

" It was the boy next door and also Bethlehem dropped a bedlamp which is in my room and the girl that fought,the one opposite dropped a portrait ".

" Aww...I love this ". She squeezed the pillow.

" So,tell me Nova,Why did you do that and why did your classmates display here? ".

" First of all Mom,I have no idea why they fought and Mr.so called Benjamin freaked me out,okay ? ".

" You have to apologize ".

" Am not Mom ". Nova said with all seriousness," Am sorry but I will never apologize to him ".

Omisha paused," Okay dear...so what are all these sticker stars doing on your ceiling? ".

" They glow in the dark Mom,they are beautiful ".  Nova smiled hugging her new pillow as her Mom kissed her forehead and left the room putting off the light as the star did their job,just shining brightly.

As Nova tried to sleep,she couldn't stop thinking why they fought and why she hated Princewill's Dad and she has made up her mind to apologize to Princewill for her immature character,she loved the pillow,the alarm clock and the glow in the dark sticker.

****
What went down???!..
Kindly vote and comment. 😍