||13.

------●○●----

Nova glanced at everyone in the class as the teacher spoke. Amy was jotting something,definitely not paying attention,Brianna was listening attentively,Antonia was following up with the teacher and at times Antonio would disturb her,she was trying to turn back and check out Zion and when she did,he was staring at her.

" What? ". He whispered picking his pen.

" I should be asking you that,you were staring ".

" You're the one turning back,Nova ".

" But I caught you staring ". Nova said.

" I was just paying attention to my class ". He said.

" I believe ". Nova turned back.

" Have you agreed to do the game? ". Zion asked.

" Well,it's not like I have a choice ".

" You do have a choice Nova ". Antonia interrupted.

" The quiet girl finally spoke ". Nova said as Antonia smiled.

" So,Class...The due date is on the 14th, we're close for the day,go home no loitering ". The lady said and the whole class went wide as Zara walked in.

" Class get ready for the most awaited time of the week,the game is back, close the louvers and gather in the middle,if you're not participating, kindly leave ". Blaze said as few people left,the rest including Nova assembled to the middle.

" Today,we won't go harsh yet,we'll start with mild things for the newbie,there are two baskets,one for boys and one for girls which contains playful stuff and hot questions,you pick your destiny..I'll start ". Blaze said and dipped his hand in the basket.

" My question is Do I like Natasha?.....I do not,maybe in junior school but not now ".

" Not like I care ". Natasha whispered to her friends.

" Next? ". Michael dipped his hand in the basket.

" My question is have I ever had sex?....countless times ". He said as Brianna rolled her eyes and dipped her hand in the girl's basket.

" My question is which guys do I hate the most ". Brianna smiled," Michael,Zion and Paul ".

Beth glanced at Paul who ignored her and he dipped his hand.

" My question is ". Paul paused," Do I like someone in the class?..Yes I do ".

Beth dipped her hand praying silently as she opened the paper," My question is,if you were in a room with Zion,David and Antonio,who would you kiss? ".

" David ". She answered as Antonia dipped her hand.

" My question is....Do I like any guy in this class? ". She sighed," No I don't ".

" Take a truth serum ". Blaze said.

" Why?,it wasn't in the rule! ". Antonia said.

" Game is game Tonia ". They passed her the serum as she rolled her eyes and injected herself.

" Do you like any guy in the class? ". Blaze asked.

" Yes,yes I do ". She said as Antonio picked.

" My question says,kiss,marry or kill the following girl,Nova,Brianna and Shantelle...you guys want to kill me,okay then,I'll kiss Nova,marry Bri and kill Shanny.....I love you Shantelle ".

Shantelle rolled her eyes and dipped her hand.

" My question is What do I think about the newbie?....Nova is quite my type,I like her ".

" But you couldn't stand your own sister ". Someone said.

" Who said that? ". Shantelle stood up pouring the whole basket.

" Shantelle! ". Diane held her.

" Let me be Diane!...Who told you I didn't like my sister? ". She hit Antonia chest.

" Stop it ". Antonio blocked his sister.

" She didn't say anything Shantelle,be calm ". Zion stood in front of Antonio.

" Who said that then,who's that coward?...You're a big fat coward if you can't stand me in the face,I dare you and for your fucking information,I liked Shirley and whatever went on between us is none of your fucking business! ". Shantelle picked her bag and ran out slamming the door.

Diane smirked at Caleb,her fellow classmate and picked up her bag and ran after her best friend.

" SS3 KINGS and Queens,am counting one to five and Zion,Antonia and New student I didn't forget your punishment,stay back and the rest,last person to leave here gets serious punishment ". The man said using cane to hit the door as they ran out.

" Sir,I promise you that on Monday, we'll take the punishment,right Antonia and Nova? ".

" Uhm.....sure ". Nova said as Antonia nodded.

" Ok then,straight home! ". He said as Nova walked fast going home,she had to think.

Was Shirley Shantelle's sister?,was that why when she joked about being her sister to Mrs Linda,no-one was smiling,perhaps that weird room at the left side of the passage,was it Shirley Nicholas?.

............

Princewill has been here since an hour and all he got was a stare from Doris whereas Ben was reading a novel.

" Please say something ". Princewill murmured as Doris eyes were fixated on him,it was like she was doing a mannequin challenge,her eyelids weren't blinking.

" Ben let's go ". Doris stood up.

" Please ". He held her hand," I told you my own part of the story,I lied to her,when she needed me the most but that wasn't the main deal ".

Doris pushed his hand away," How many months passed,Princewill?,you didn't think to find the proof earlier and you're back claiming Shirley is giving you a sign with a new girl occupying her seat,you're really a talented writer ".

" Ben,please talk to her anything that you know of Shirley,we can strike again,it's never too late ".

" I didn't jump at you straight because Ben gave me my medicine,you could have regretted your coming here ". Doris walked out along with Ben.

Doris knelt on the floor crying hard,her best friend was gone,they killed her.

" Shirley ". She sobbed and then a book fell from the shelf,she cleaned her eyes and went to the shelf,she picked it up reading the title of the book.

' THE NEW STAR '.

Doris paused as Ben ran inside screaming Doris name.

" What's it Ben?,you know you're not supposed to be here ".

" I know,I know ". He panted," I was just closing my eyes and more like a day dream,I saw someone run to me,saying Shirley was looking for me,I quickly opened my eyes ".

Doris scanned the book," What if Shirley needs us? ".

They both held each other gazes,confusion etching in their faces,hopes glittering in their eyes.

........
Here's another chapter with my two lovely characters.
💖...
Kindly vote and comment.