||14.

………○………
Saturday rolled in fast as the Tamara ate their lunch.

" Are you okay honey? ". Omisha asked her daughter.

Nova heaved a  sigh of relief," Am good Mom,it's just that I don't like yamarita anymore ".

" It's your favorite ". Allen spoke up.

" Allen it was her favorite ". Omisha said turning back to Nova," Am sorry dear,go take some snacks and stack up your mini fridge with it,I'll prepare sweet potatoes for you ".

" Thanks Mom ". Nova stood up and went to pack Pringles and chocolates as she ran upstairs.

" Pringles? ". Allen scoffed," I don't even know my sister anymore ".

" Learn to know her son ". Omisha packed up.

" Learn to know my sister?,tell me mom what is it you're hiding,why are you leaving me in the dark? ".

" Son,sometimes darkness is the best place to be if you don't want to get hurt ".

" And what if am getting hurt in the darkness? ".

Omisha opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out as the doorbell rang.

" Go and open the door ". She left as Allen sighed opening the door.

" Guy,how far? ". Obinna gave him a bro hug as he moved to Princewill giving the same hug.

" Go to my room,Am coming ". Allen said as the both of them climbed upstairs.

Obinna and Princewill decided to stop by at Nova's room that had 'DO NOT DISTURB! '. written on it.

Obinna knocked as Nova's head poked out.

" Hi Obi,hi Prince....you can't come in right now,am not all dressed ".

" We just wanted to say Hi and are you eating Pringles?! ". Obinna scrunched his face in disgust.

" Uh....Yes ". She grinned.

" I thought...never mind later girl ". Obinna said.

" We said we'll talk Prince,come back later ". Nova closed the door.

" Why..uh...are you shocked that she's eating Pringles,am a fan of it ". Princewill said as they walked to Allen's room.

" I and Dab..Nova hate Pringles with our whole life,we taunt Allen because he loves it and now,she's eating it ". Obinna sat on the bed as Princewill sat halfway on Allen's desk.

" Not to invade or something but why do you call her..Dab Nova? ".

" Guy you won't understand,she just got a lot of weirder and Dab is just her nickname ". Obinna said.

" No,it's her name ". Allen walked inside.

" What?...she isn't Nova? ". Princewill asked.

" Well she is,it's complicated but I'll let you know since you'll be hanging out with us and I believe you can help me find something ". Allen jumped to the bed.

Princewill shrugged," Am all ears ".

" She was Dabria,my so not perfect sister but perfect for me...It all started on my Mom's vacation,my mom met this guy and he told her something that put my mother in space for a long time,she hardly told us things and then that day came ". Allen paused.

" What day? ".

" Dabria....she had a seizure,and as weird as it sounds,the doctors said she was losing memories,she was having slight Amnesia,you could tell her this today and she can forget it in two hours,seizure was like a normal thing for her till that very evening,her heart stopped....". Allen was looking outside the window reliving that day as tears welled in his eyes.

" We rushed her to the hospital and somehow she was saved,since then,she's acting weirder and Mom decided to change her name and I love my sister even though she's kind of weird now but I want to know why,I want to know what that man told Mom,I want to know why she changed her name from Dabria to Nova...Is it so hard for Mom to tell me things about my sister? ".

" Allen it could be possible that she was given someone else's heart,you know in movies they tend to behave like the owner's heart and your mom is probably scared you will not show the same affection to her ". Obinna assumed.

Allen frowned," I really thought you knew me Obinna....I can never be like that,Never...I don't take pride over anything and if it was a heart surgery she can tell me,all I want is for her to confide in me so that I will know what am dealing with ".

" I'll try and research on it ". Princewill assured.

" Thanks ". Allen hugged him.

" You just have to promise that no matter what it is,you'll always be by her side ". Princewill said.

" Promise ". Allen said.

" I have to go and see Nova,she asked me to come ". Princewill said.

" Leave the doors open ".  They joked as he smiled going to the next room.

♧♧♧.

" Nice room ". Princewill entered.

" Hmm ". Nova was drinking water.

He raised and eyebrow as she smiled removing the bottle from her mouth.

" I said thanks,I couldn't stop drinking,sometimes water gets really sweet ". She said as he smiled sitting halfway on the table.

" I get that feeling ".

" Sit on the bed,I don't like weight on my desk ".

" Sure ". He moved to the bed as Nova sighed resting on the pillow he gave her.

" That reminds me,thanks for the pillow,I love it so much ".

" You're welcome ". He gave a tight smile,that was the pillow he had wrapped years back to give to Shirley on that night of her birthday before she went ghost to everyone.

" So...Shirley Nicholas,the MYSTERY girl? ".

" It's a touching subject Nova,we'll get there in time....please ".

" Ok then ". Nova picked her Pringles.

" Why are you taking so much of that? ".

" Mother made yamarita and I hate it,so she was supposed to make potatoes but am yet to see it so I'll munch on snacks,want some? Or you're not a fan of Pringles? ".

" I am....I love it,am always taking it from......from a friends place ". He said.

" Take then ". She passed him the container as he took it.

" Thanks ". He said," What's with the stars on your ceiling? ".

" Zion gave it to me,it's so nice isn't it? ".

" Why would he think of that? ". Princewill asked.

" I guess he found out that the meaning of Nova is a new star ". Nova shrugged staring at the ceiling.

Hey Guyyss...
I so love this chapter for reasons unknown.
Anyways am sure you now know the meaning on Nova but it's not just a new star,to find out,keep on reading,voting and dropping comments.
Love y'all.😗