||15.

~~~~~~~~.

" Hey don't be jealous,I love what you gave me ". Nova playfully hit him.

" Huh? ".

" You went into a trance when I told you Zion gifted me with that................ Anyways,I have a secret for you and before you grumble just know that you're my human diary and if you're not okay with it,you would have to be my enemy ".

" Thanks for using me ". Princewill joked as Nova laughed.

" Let's make a deal then,you're always welcome to my mini fridge and in return you'll be my human diary,it will be like am using you and you're using me,fair? ".

" I agree ". Princewill turned to the fridge and brought out snickers chocolate.

" That's my favorite ".  Nova screamed.

" Did you forget our deal?,and besides the hard part is not telling anyone ".

" Oh,whatever,get your ears ready ". Nova rolled her eyes," On Friday,we play games in our class,like truth or dare and all sort and a girl named Amy told me to use it to my advantage and apparently am in a 'clique' so I have to partner with them to shade the others but then I also want to know things so I have to do what I have to do,get closer to them and find out what they buried ".

" And also,it just came to my notice that am taking the mystery girl's seat,does that make me weird?,are they some kind of killers? ".

" Why do you think so? ". He asked.

" A girl said something about a life being gone and I also want to find that skeleton in the cupboard ".

" As far as it doesn't harm anybody, you're good to go ". Princewill said.

" Yea,thanks ". Nova sighed.

" Do you feel your brother is weird? ".

" Don't get started on that,he thinks am being silly and weird,I know that I've been through surgery and all but he makes me feel am not his and it hurts to know that he won't like me if am off,people change Princewill and I want him to accept me in any way I act ". Nova hid the tears from falling.

" I...I...sometimes ". She sobbed," I think I was given someone else's heart,I want to be myself and also please my brother..I just want to be his sister,the one he loves....I don't want him to hate me,I want that love to still glitter between us....Am scared that it'll diminish and I don't know but I don't want that feeling anymore ".

Princewill moved to her," It'll glitter Shir....Nova....It won't diminish and he'll love you on any circumstances and am always here Nova,Am now your diary and you must tell me anything,don't ever hesitate to talk to me,okay? ".

" Okay ". Nova smiled as Princewill smiled,he saw her in Nova and he will hate himself if that mistake happens again.

" Guy,we are leaving or do you plan on cuddling with her? ". Obinna knocked.

They laughed as Princewill stood up.

" I will prefer Princewill to cuddle her any day than you ". Allen told Obinna.

"Me?,your personal guy? ". They joked around.

" Don't forget Princewill,Shirley Nicholas? ".

" We'll get there ". Princewill said as the trio left.

" Nova Tamara,get downstairs for your potatoes ". Omisha screamed.

" Oh...Mom,just when am about to sleep ". She quickly stood up to lock the door and climbed to her bed.

□□□

Shantelle laid on the bed as her Tv screen played a movie she wasn't interested in,there was a popcorn beside her.

She dipped her hand in the bowl as she was about to put it in her mouth,she heard a sound coming from the passage. In quick fright,she jumped on the bed as the popcorn spilled.

She opened the door quietly as she peeped to the dark left side of the passage as memories piped in.

*flashback

" Do not talk and less spit,it's my room,remember? ".

*

She remembered how harsh she had been with Shirley and it's weird that her room is always empty,she could have been locked up in her room either talking to Princewill or writing in her diary,obviously she knew that Shirley has a diary but she knew the definition of Privacy more than anything and it might be stupid of her to say that she missed her voice,the voice that she insulted,the voice she shunned,the only person that she can fight with it and even though it's her fault,Shirley would apologize like it was her mistake.

She crouched to floor crying loudly as her mother ran inside.

" Shantelle?..Shantelle ". Linda ran to her daughter.

" Are you okay? ". Mr.Oscar came upstairs also.

" Get out!...". Shantelle screamed.

" Oscar go downstairs ". Linda said.

" No....Both of you!..". Shantelle stood up.

" What has gotten into you Shantelle? ".

" Gotten into me?,you can't sacrifice Mom?dump this godforsaken rapist even if you can't do it for Shirley at least for your late husband! ".

" Shut up Shantelle,stop acting like you're innocent,if Shirley was here,you would be insulting her by now and what difference would she have made?..because she will be locked up in her room and how many times do I have to tell you that Oscar is innocent,there was no proof! ".

" Mom! ". Shantelle screamed," Do you really need evidence for that?,the evidence is written all over his face,it's in my voice,it was in Shirley's voice Mom even Princewill,his own son knows that his father is not a saint! ".

" Neither are you a saint Shantelle,if you're looking for someone to put the blame on,stand in front of the mirror and please stop all this drama! ". Linda walked out as Shantelle fell back to the ground.

Only if she could turn back the hands of time,only if she realized earlier that the only person that was there for her was her senior sister.

She stood up immediately and cleaned her eyes.

" You are right Mom,Am no saint but I won't be a sinner forever and Nova is right,we can't forget the past,not yet and the only way is to find evidence and the evidence is here ". She moved to the left side of the passage and took a deep breath.

" I can't...I can't ". She stepped backwards.

" I know someone who would gladly take down Oscar Benjamin in a heartbeat ". Shantelle ran downstairs as her mom asked her where she was going to but she gave her the middle finger.

Linda went upstairs.

" Oscar,did she tell you where she was going? ".

" Oscar ". She tapped him.

" Huh?...uh? ".

" Did Shantelle tell you.....uh...forget tell me are you okay? ".

" Uh...yes love,Am fine ". He stuttered as Linda pulled him for a kiss but his mind wasn't there,he was staring at the door.

Could an evidence be there?.
Would he be taken down?.

****

Please those that read(in past tense) the diary,is there evidence there?.....

Look at Shantelle missing who she never cherished. Anyways it's better late than never.

See you soon or maybe not soon.