||17.

~~~…~~~

School was over as students rushed out of class,Nova was staring out of the window as Beth and Paul walked to her.

" Hi,aren't you leaving? ". Beth asked.

" Punishment ". Nova smiled.

" For what? ". Paul asked.

" Remember that day in class when we were passing who said that and this,that the man was like we shouldn't play boyfriend stuff,he actually remembered ". Nova laughed.

" He's just looking for someone to gist with ". Paul said as Beth hit him playfully.

" We'll see you tomorrow ". Beth waved as Paul glanced at Brianna before leaving class.

" I caught you ". Beth pinched his friend.

" Caught me doing what? ". Paul pretended.

" You still like her,don't you? ".

" Like who? ". Paul played dumb as they laughed and left class.

" Dumbass! ". Brianna eyed Paul and Bethlehem as they left the class. Nova smiled walking to her.

" Hi ". Nova smiled sitting on a desk.

" How may I help you? ". Brianna backed her bag.

" Help?...No,I want to know why you cursed at my friends,for all I know,they did nothing to you ".

Brianna rolled her eyes," Uhm..Nova right?,If you've noticed am not like the rest of them that glued to you on your arrival,I actually don't give a FUCK about your existence and who I curse at is totally none of your business ". She was about walking out before Nova stood held her bag pulling her back.

" Brianna,right?,ever since I walked into this class,I actually wanted new friends but I never came to your side because I don't give a damn but when you curse at my friends for selfish and cowardly reasons,I won't hesitate to come at you ".

Brianna pushed her hand from her bag," Cowardly?,what are you talking about? ".

" Am not a novice at all these Brianna.  I have an idea,why don't you put more effort in hating Paul because that façade you are putting on is worn out ".  Nova walked out as Brianna also left.

" Are you ready?,let's go and meet Mr.Harry? ". Zion walked up to Nova as Antonia joined them as they walked to the staffroom.

" I want the three of you to clean this staffroom immediately and go straight home,when next you see me in class,you would behave ". He said and left.

" I can't believe he's making us do these because we took blame for Zion ". Nova said.

" I never asked you to ". Zion was already furious.

" I also never planned on taking the blame for you ". Nova retorted. The truth was she never planned to.

" Then why did you take the blame? ". Antonia asked.

" Oh,Am not frightening you anymore? ". Nova frowned.

" It was a panic attack Nova,don't take it to heart ".

" My apologies cardiologist ". Nova said sarcastically.

" I don't know why you are getting angry,Antonia panicked and you somehow frightened her and I just asked why you took the blame and you're already flaring up ". Zion sighed.

" The answers to all these questions lies within both of you,why she had a panic attack and why I frightened her and honestly,I don't know why I took the blame for you,it just came out and besides,why didn't you ask her why she took the blame but you won't do that because am the new weird girl sitting on the class biggest secret ".

" Nova...".

" Let's start cleaning,i have to be home early ". Nova cut her short and picked up the broom.

********************************

Nova whimpered in pain as her stomach twitched,she was having menstrual pain.

" Are you okay? ". Antonia touched her hand as she flinched and ignored her.

Nova picked up a rag and started cleaning the table. Zion watched from afar.

Minutes later,they were done cleaning,Nova sat on the chair hiding her pain.

" Zion come on,Antonio is waiting ". Antonia said.

" I'll catch up with you guys,okay? ". Zion said as Antonia nodded and left the staffroom.

" Aren't you going home? ". Zion asked Nova,who didn't reply him.

" Nova am talking to you,the least you can do is reply ".

Nova rolled her eyes.

" Nova I'm so.....

" Don't apologize! ".

" What?...you're unbelievable,is it now bad to apologize for...

" Don't you have a sister,Zion?...Don't you know that when a girl is on her period,she puts her anger on everyone! ". Nova said as Zion kept quiet.

Nova sighed," Am not that angry at both of you that I won't speak,am in pains and at times like this,I hate talking ".

" Oh...I didn't know that,sorry ".

" I said don't apologize ". Nova groaned.

" I'll walk you home,let's go ".

" I'll catch up later ". Nova said.

Zion went to his bag to bring out his black hoodie.

" It's kind of long so if you wear it, your skirt will be covered,if you know what I mean? ".

' This is embarrassing ' Nova thought but she took it and wore it.

" Thanks ". She stood up as they walked out of school.

" About Antonia,she's not like that,it was an attack,I hope you will understand ".

" I understand Zion,I just think she should be a little calm with me,I don't know stuff about her but she puts that pressure on me like am the cause of it all,it sucks to be the new girl ".

" If I were you,I'll be happy that I am new ".

" Too bad ". She shrugged.

" If you don't mind me asking why did you take the blame? ". Zion asked.

" Well I wouldn't have given you an answer but because I don't want silly thoughts from anybody,I'll tell you why and the truth is that,I don't know,I felt I'll get called by someone so...it's complicated Zion ".

" It's fine...".

" I'll get you your cardigan tomorrow, bye ". Nova waved as he smiled and watched her catch up with her brother.

Zion was about leaving before he sighted Princewill on an ash joggers and matching hoodie.

Hey guys...
If you're a little bit confused check out chapter 7 again.

Love y'all.