02 - Chapter Two - Emerson Bennett's Point Of View.

That meeting I had with the cops who worked for Maddox Vincent was no longer a thing when Cade Bennett, My apparent father, took me to work with him the very next day. My ribs were still fucking killing me but my father didn't really seem to care about that. I mean of course why would he care, He's a big bad mafia underboss. I wanted to punch him. When we finally stopped walking we were in a heavily guarded section of the house.

"Hey, you! Do you know where The boss is?"

"He is in his office underboss Cade."

"Thanks."

My father roughly pulled me behind him. My ribs protested the movement much as I did. My father knocked on the largest wooden doors I'd ever seen.

"Come in."

My father shoved me in the room first before he came in behind me shutting the door.

"Good afternoon underboss Cade. Why is he here? I don't have a meeting with him until Monday."

"This kid is mine, He is my son."

"How deeply interesting."

"What exactly does Emerson owe you, Maddox."

His face had that same flat look as he looked at me.

"Tell me, Cade, Why do you care? You never said anything about this boy ever."

"Trust me, I want to know the same thing," I mumbled under my breath.

"He is my son Maddox. That means he is under protection."

"You're not wrong, but that also makes him part of the family."

I took a deep breath which made my ribs hurt so much worse. Maddox was looking right at me, his face having a half-smile on it.

"Sore aren't they?"

"A bit."

"I bet your father didn't even ask if you were feeling well enough to be pulled around the complex, did he?"

"Maddox how dare you----"

"Shut your damn mouth, Cade. I wasn't speaking to you."

I would be lying if I didn't say I was just a touch amused by watching Cade getting told off. You could see on his face how bad he was fuming but didn't speak a word.

"May I have a look at your ribs?" Maddox asked his voice having a gentle deep tone.

"Don't you dare touch my fucking child"

I watched as Maddox's jaw twitched in annoyance and as he stood up. he walked over to the large wooden door and opened the thing wide. Walking back over to the rolling chairs where Cade and I were sitting I hardly had time to process what Maddox was doing as he set his foot on the edge of Cade's chair.

"Goodbye Cade."

Maddox shoved Cade's chair with Cade in it out into the hall before closing the door. It was really impressive that he could do that with only one foot. Colour me impressed.

"Now, where were we."

I slowly lifted up the edge of my shirt, showing Maddox my ribs. His hands were really cool on my skin as he felt around.

"They are still really sore huh?"
"Yeah."
"They will be, up to six weeks."
"I just want them fixed, honestly,"
"Understandable. Now then let's talk about what you owe me, Emerson."
"Yeah. Let's do that."
"Well it seems because of who you are you don't owe me anything, but let me make something very clear to you Emerson. Don't think because of who your father is that if you cross me he can protect you from my wrath."
"I understand. I didn't want any of this. I just wanted to be normal."
"We both know that won't happen."

Silence filled the room for a while before he spoke again.

"I'm really glad your face healed nicely, you have very nice features."
"Thank you."
"If I must be honest though, I want to know who did this to you. Do not make me ask you twice."
"I don't want----"
"Now Emerson, think about what you say."
"Promise me you won't kill them."
"Alright, I won't kill them,"
"They are Beckham Hart, Jett Jefferson, and Kyler and Tanner Williams."
"Thank you."
"Don't forget you promised you wouldn't kill them."

Maddox just smiled to himself and he had a really handsome face when he smiled. I really took a minute to look him over. It was no wonder he was where he was, he was handsome and smooth.

"I'll send someone to take you home, you really should be resting."
"Thank you."
"Also Emerson, Your phone has my number in it. Contact me for anything."

He let me out of his office and my head was reeling, The way he said I could contact him for anything made me wonder what he was playing at, the last thing I wanted was to be a fool and get pulled deeper than I was now. Lord knows I didn't even want to be this fucking tangled in the Mafias affairs.