20 - Chapter Twenty - Emerson Bennett's Point Of View.

Pinching my nose I looked at the mess on the counter and the two fucked up gentleman snoring on the couch. Looking at a sleeping Maddox and Jackson the number of empty bottles told me whatever problem they had last night had been very much drowned in whisky and beer. Silently cleaning all the bottles up I arranged them on the left side of the counter in front of the coffee pot. I cleaned and washed the few dishes they used. There was at the very least an entire case of twenty-eight beers and a sixty of whisky. If they honestly woke up before noon I would be impressed.

Maddox was the first to wake up at eleven forty and oh shit was he ever hungover. He was grumbling and sluggish. He went into the bedroom and the suit he had from the night before was gone and replaced with just sweat pants no shirt. He stood in the kitchen looking at Jackson who was still sound asleep. From the way he slept, he was going to have a terribly stiff and sore neck.

Pulling out the stuff to cook breakfast I made the pancakes and as soon as the bacon started to sizzle in the pan Maddox literally started to dry heave. Maddox left the kitchen dry heaving all the way to the couch. He shook Jackson until he woke up. Jackson was the first one to exercise last night's demons. The sound of him puking was enough to make Maddox start gagging. He all but threw me out of the way when he ran tot he sinks to banish his own demons.

"So gentlemen, what were we celebrating last night?"
"Too loud."
"Oh, Maddox, Im not even loud."

Jackson wobbled out of the bedroom, His tie gone, his jacket where every his tie was, his shirt unbuttoned halfway down.

"I hate you, Maddox."
"Shut up, you wanted to see---"

The sound of puking made me realize Maddox was probably going to be staying here for the day.

"What's the plan for work today?"
"Not working. Im not doing anything." Maddox said groaning leaned over the sink.

"Let me ask again, what are we celebrating?"
" I get my daughter, full custody. Emily was arrested for something or other and they gave me full custody."

I was actually surprised that he was allowed custody considering everyone in this town knew what he did, but he was also a damn good father and that was the most important part of the whole thing. He could raise his daughter properly I felt it in my soul. I honestly felt bad for any boy that ever thought he was good enough for Rosie. 

"When is Rosie coming?"
"Tonight, she will be with my aunt."
"You better bring her to see me, I love her."
"I'll see how I feel."

Jackson looked like he could still barely walk straight when he left, I had given him a pain pill for his headache and tried to feed him, but he refused the food. But I knew why his stomach wouldn't hold it. Maddox, on the other hand, shoved all the food down his throat and wobbled off the bedroom. I went to check on him and an hour later and he was asleep.  It was pretty amusing to see him like this. Mr super responsible and trustworthy,  hungover from heavy drinking. I had been fast asleep and I didn't hear a damn thing from their festival.

I let Maddox sleep for a few hours before I woke him up around four pm. Cade was currently here as well. He was super quiet, I had enformed him about Maddox's current condition called, fucking hungover. Maddox groaned when he saw Cade.

"What the actual fuck do you want?"
"I came to visit my kid, not you."
"Oh. sounds good."

Having cleaned a large number of bottles the coffee maker was now free and Maddox took to abusing the thing for bitter bean water. Cade and I went back to discussing my mother and how things were going now that they had been living together. From the sounds of it, things were just starting to become normal. He said this morning they sat down and had breakfast and a cup of coffee together. For some reason that made me smile to myself, My parents were together. Even if they didn't want to say anything about it. It was actually pretty cute, not going to lie. As much as my mother said she didn't want him around, she would miss him if he left. I just knew it. Once Maddox retreated back to the bedroom I opened up about the Psychiatrist appointment.

"I am aware. The fourth underboss brought the paper regarding your current set of appointments and treatments."
"Oh. Will he see them?"
"Unless you say you want Maddox to see the papers he won't. Alexi is the only one who sees the papers. He dishes out the money on the payroll after all."
"Ok, Thank you."
"Dr. Martin is a good doctor, He can help you no matter your issue, Both Maddox and I have had sit-ins with the good doctor."
"Really?"
"Maddox goes every few months."
"That's good."
"Introduce me to Alexi the next time we are around him, yeah?"
"Of course, Let me know the next time we have a few moments together."

Cade left not long after that. I had heard his phone vibrate which was probably my mother telling him to get his ass back home. Looking at the time she had probably had dinner ready for them. I missed her cooking. Looking around it was pretty clear Maddox had gone back to the bed. Going through his fridge a found enough stuff to make a quick vegetable stirfry. It really was too late to defrost any kind of meat so it would only have to be vegetables and sauce. Once it was nearly done I went to wake up Maddox and make sure he had something to eat for dinner. He lazily smiled at me when I woke him up.

"I made you dinner, get up and eat."
"Thanks."
"Maddox I mean now. You can sleep after honey."

Once he was up and standing I got left the bedroom and made him a bowl. I set it on the table laying a fork beside it as well. He walked over dragging his feet slowly.

"Thank you."

He slowly ate the food I was made eating my own bowl I found myself watching him. He finished his bowl and his eyes locked with mine.

"Would you like it anymore?"
"Yes, and I can get that."
"Alright."
"But first, I need a taste of you."

My eyes went wide as he stood up and walked towards where I was leaned against the counter. His lips brushed my lips softly. I could really get used to this.

"Thanks for caring about me."