11 - Chapter Eleven - Emerson Bennett's Point Of View.

Waking up beside Maddox was a weird thing for me, we were tangled in the sheets like a happily married couple instead of a mobster and the mess I was. I starred at him fighting the urge to touch the curls on his head. I liked this look, It was different then mobster Maddox. He was showing me something different. My hips were aching and my fucking sunburn was throbbing angrily. Slipping out of the bed without Maddox waking up was a satisfying thing for me. I ran the bath, pouring the soap that on the counter in the tub making enough bubbles the hide myself in.

It didn't take long for Maddox to wake up when his phone rang angrily. He yelled at whoever was on the other end of the phone. I made a note to remind myself never to call him early in the morning because he was grumpy. Whoever it was really got an ear full from him, I couldn't help but wish it was Cade. I didn't exactly hate the guy, It just didn't like him suddenly trying to be my dad now after nineteen almost twenty years without so much as a hello.

Maddox invaded my quiet time and my bath. I was surprised we both fit in the tub, but we did. Sitting his lap in the tub he kneaded my shoulder and my neck and I could have honestly fallen asleep If that fucking phone hadn't gone off yet again. It instantly angering Maddox. He slipped out of the bath not even bothering to dry off as he stomped towards the room where his phone was.

"Are you fucking kidding me!"

Maddox's angry yell startled me. I jumped out of the tub snagging a towel before making my way to the bedroom. Maddox was pretty much dressed in a deep black suit.

"Please hurry and get dressed. Something has come up and I have to fucking deal with this like right now."

I raced to get dressed trying not to anger him any further. When we got in the car and I made sure I had all my things, He sped out of the driveway. I could see his jaw twitching where I was. Whoever and whatever had happened must have been pretty impactful on his family business.

Maddox didn't even take me home, Instead, he took me to his home the mafia den. I was thankful when he parked the car and got out, yes he could drive really well, but fuck it was terrifying none the less. Grabbing my bag I followed Maddox inside the place desperately trying to keep up with him.
Maddox dumped me on Cade when he saw him with the orders to make sure I stayed safe and for him to take me to Maddox's private section of the house.

Cade didn't say anything to me. The talk Maddox and I had in the car weighed on me and I spoke to him.

"Are you and mom ok?"
"No."
"Are you actively trying to make things better again?"
"Yes and no."
"I've decided I'll give you an olive branch. But don't think this means that I've forgiven you for backhanding me or almost punching me. This isn't for you. Maddox asked me to give you a chance, Im doing it for him. He likes you, he thinks your a great guy."
"Thanks, I guess."
"Yeah."

You could tell Cade wanted to ask about Maddox and I. But he didn't. Instead, he just showed me to a giant set of doors.

"If you want mom to start forgiving you try flowers and a sorry. Even mobsters wives would like that kind of thing."

I opened the door after hearing the door unlock. Once the door shut behind me I heard the thing lock again. The hall was dark and the entire place smelled heavily of Maddox. It must have taken a lot of him to let me into his space without him being here. So I would try to respect that. The keyword to that was try, I was bound to do a small amount of looking around and touching things.

Pulling my phone out of my bag I have five missed calls and a few messages from my mom, the last one saying Cade had informed her I was okay and still alive. Just that we had gotten caught in a storm and I was at Maddox's house with him. Thank god she didn't seems to be mad just worried.

It wasn't hard to find Maddox's bedroom. It was the only bedroom in the area. The room really did scream Maddox to me. It dark and cold, the room had to only be like sixty-five degrees. It was really nice. His bed looked really comfortable and I honestly hoped he would be pissed if I crawled into his bed and had a nap. But after I found something nicer hopefully in his closet. I was totally invading his space.

After snagging a soft white t-shirt out of one of the drawers I pulled toed my shoes off and peeled my sweatpants off. I peeled the soft cotton comforter back on Maddox's bed and crawled inside. His private section of the house was super quiet so it wasn't hard to fall asleep.

- - - - - - - - -

I heard Maddox bitching when I woke up.

"Let me grab something loose so that you can stitch this."
"Alright."

Maddox walked in the room stepping over my clothing heaped on the floor. and went into the closet grabbing something and getting changed, leaving his suit he was wearing on the floor. He had a rag of someone's shirt wrapped around his forearm. He had gotten hurt.

"Go back to sleep. Ill is back in a bit."
"Are you okay."
"Yes."

He left the room without so much as another word. Getting out of the bed I wobbled to the closet finding his suit indeed in a heap on the floor. His white dress shit was definitely going to stain if it was taken care of. Grabbing the suit off the floor I hunted around for a kitchen in this place. It wasn't large but he did have one. Looking around his kitchen I hunted for baking soda. Opening his fridge I found some in there, unopened and fresh. Taking his suit and the baking soda to his bedroom I dropped the suit in the tub and soaked the whole thing in water, his blood eas sticky as I tried to get as much out of the fabric of his suit without the baking soda. The white dress shit would be the thing that needed the baking soda. I carefully made a paste on his dress shirt after I drained the water from the tub. I scrubbed the stain before rinsing the shirt, and made another round of paste and just let it sit there. All I wanted to do was help, now this was one less thing he had to do when he came back.