39 - Chapter Thirty-Nine - Maddox Vincent's Point Of View.

Three days later...

Emerson was still pretty sore, He was also heavily bleeding from the abundance of female hormones in his blood. He was moody and disgusted with the process of his body returning to normal. I felt really bad for him. Thank god for Zev being around and helping Emerson. Baby stuff had overrun our entire house. It had somehow also mellowed out Creed and Alexi's shit. Alexi even seemed interested in Ares. Emerson was currently making a bottle for our son. The formula had been piled into the cupboard that once held coffee. 

Zev was on the couch holding our son and I wanted to take him so bad. Alexi was hovering around Zev waiting for a chance to hold him. Creed was sitting back on one of the other coaches watching Alexi like a hawk. I wondered if Alexi could feel his eyes on him. Jackson was gone, He took Rosie to her grandmothers for the weekend.

Emerson handed the bottle to Zev and walked slowly back to me. His arms wrapped around my chest and he sighed. He was tired, the dark circles around his eyes were pretty bad. Last night had been pretty bad, Ares had been up every hour on the hour. I tried to make Ares quiet so Emerson could sleep but it was clear that our son had an attitude and didn't like being hushed.

"He's cute but so loud."
"He had your attitude."
"Maddox doesn't start with me, that's like the only thing he had from me."
"Im sorry that our son looks like me."
"You will be when you have to lock that boy up, he's going to be handsome."
"Just like me."

The pinch I received was well deserved. After Zev burped Ares he gave him off to Alexi who just fawned over him. It was strange to see him so gentle and amused with something other than paperwork. It was out of his nature. Babies did funny things the people that was for sure.

"Mini Maddox has the attention of many," Emerson said his eyes looking up at me.
"When are your parents coming?"
"Whenever they get here."
"That sounds about right, Maybe this time Cade will be more social and less look what you've done to my precious child."
"Maybe you shouldn't leave any surprises when your done sturring my insides."
"You are awful Emerson."
"Yup, Get used to it."

His arms were still wrapped around me as he clung to my very being. I enjoyed him being this close, but I wouldn't admit it, At least not with this many people around. My mother would be so proud of me, I wished I could show her Ares. But that was a whole step I didn't think I could honestly make. She wouldn't understand that was her grandson. I found myself asking Emerson the question that was on my mind, even if he didn't have an answer.

"Do you think my mother would like him?"
"I wholeheartedly think we should show her our son if that's something you want."
"I would like that."
"I would like that too."

As soon as I was free from Emerson's hug I went and snatched my son out of Alexi's hands.

"Hey, I wasn't done."
"Don't care, It's mine."

Zev looked at me all accessing like before turning to Alexi and made a comment about my possession issues. The was no need to argue he was wrong because he wasn't. I wanted my son, he was mine.

"You need better sharing skills."
"Do I? I don't think I do."
"I do," Zev mumbled
"No one asked you."
"No one has to ask me, I get paid to give my opinion about you, among others."
"I'm cutting your pay."
"No, you're not Maddox."

As soon as the door opened and Cade and Diane showed up I lost my son again. When Jackson called to tell me Emerson was on the way to the hospital this was the last thing I thought it would have been for. I wasn't super happy about finding out the last moment, it stressed me out to know we had a child and nothing prepared for it. But as soon as I got there and it became really real, I knew I couldn't turn my back on Emerson, despite not wanting to relive my teenage nightmare. Seeing Ares was the last factor that sold me on being a father. He was such a perfect little baby. I couldn't be angry when all I saw was happiness. I was shocked, utterly shocked when Zev told me Emerson was in labour for a baby and I hadn't been able to compose myself even when I went into the room.

I could honestly say Emerson had given me the only thing I didn't have, A child.  It was not the birthday gift I thought I would be receiving but it was the one thing I didn't know I wanted. I couldn't wait to teach him how to play ball, and swim and everything else that fathers did. Looking at Ares I felt a pride I hadn't felt before. Emerson wrapped his arm around my waist and whispered in my ear making me choke on the air I was breathing.

"When I'm cleared for sex, want to fuck around and make a few more."
"Emerson, please keep your filthy thoughts to yourself, Six weeks is a long time."
"I see, I guess I'll just have to make you suffer as I will."
"That's fair."

Ares wailed making Emerson release me to go to his son. He picked up the baby and just looked over him. I watched his nose winkle and he passed me the baby.

"Here this is yours and he's pooped. Now be the great father you are and clean your stinky son."
"He's only mine when he poops."
"I mean that's not exactly true, but yeah."

Taking my son to the bathroom to clean and wash him, I took this time to inspect him, though he was covered in baby shit and smelled like an actual shit I loved him and I loved the one who birthed him even more. I would even go so far to say Emerson was my only true love, besides our now existing son.

"I'm going to marry your daddy. But you can't tell him, it's our secret buddy."