32 - Chapter Thirty-Two - Emerson Bennett's Point Of View.

Three weeks later...

Now having assessed the damage and removed all the dead bodies it was pretty clear a good section of the house was toast. Maddox was very angry about the whole thing. Most of all he was angry about all the families that had lost their possessions and memories. Even with the best of the best builder and a great incentive to fix the place faster, there was still going to at least three months before some parts of the house would be liveable. Both Zev and my mother opened their houses to some of the families. Maddox's section was pretty much untouched, Minus the bathroom in our shared bedroom. We were currently housing a few extra roommates in the three spare rooms.

Jackson, Zev and Rosie.
Alexi and Creed.

Our kitchen was full at all hours of the day. Id saw more people in Maddox's space now than I ever had. Maddox and I had spent hours cleaning things and replacing other things that had gotten smoke damage. The hall leading up to Maddox's section was pretty damaged, doors had to all be replaced, the carpet ripped up the walls scrubbed a repainted. It was a large task at hand. But everything was peaceful for the most part again. There were weapons and drugs still being moved, in and out on the daily.

Zev and I returned to sitting around the kitchen table in the mornings. Rosie had started school for half days. Now having the day off Maddox decided now was a pretty good time for a road trip. I didn't understand his reasoning to leave now but I didn't argue about it. Instead, I packed a bag with a few days of clothing and did the same for Maddox. He would probably be annoyed with the regular clothing I packed for him but that was fine it had been a while.

He didn't say much of anything as he took our bags and put them in the sports car. Maddox didn't offer to let me drive so this didn't seem to be a trip of leisure. That worried me deeply. We had already been through enough in the last few months. The car ride was quiet and sombre. The only thing that reassured me we weren't about to be attending a funeral was that he didn't bring any suits. He had let me pack our bags.

His hand rested on my thigh as he drove with one hand. I wanted to tell him to put both hands on the wheel and focus on driving but I was enjoying the feeling of his hand on my leg. The ride in itself was two hours away from home. Getting out of the car felt like a circus act because my lower back was killing me. We stopped at a hotel, Maddox parked the car in a spot pretty close to the door that was reserved for the top-notch suites.

He took our bags to the desk and showed his I.D, They slid a key pass back across the desk to him.

"Let us go Emerson"

I followed him to the elevators getting off on the second to last floor. I didn't even want to ask what it costs to stay here. Swiping the card Maddox let me in first and I was in awe. It was like a very fancy apartment. It was so fresh and clean. The room was a very pretty light blue and grey. Colours Maddox never would have picked, it was a nice change. Maddox didn't unpack his bag, he just set it down before sitting on the bed, running his hands over his face. I walked over and hugged him, he didn't complain, he let me offer him comfort. I was happy about that. Unpacking our bags I put the clothing in the closest and our personals in the bathroom. I spied a very large bathtub, I would get some use out of that right away. Leaving the bathroom, I walked to where Maddox leaning down to murmur into his ear.

"Im running a bath, I really do suggest you join me."

I walked to run the bath. It was only around five of and that gave plenty of time to fool around in the tub and grab dinner. Hopefully, I could improve Maddox's mood so he was less moody.

I peeled off my clothing, I didn't even get a chance to step in the bath before Maddox came in. He made quick work of his clothing. He got in the bath first and sighed.

"This feels so good."
"I bet."

Looking over Maddox's body the attack had left him with a bunch of fresh scars, the stitches in his shoulder had only just been removed but the wound looked really good. Stepping into the tub I sat right on top of Maddox not giving a chance to move me. I was facing him. I took this time to give him a deep kiss. Neither of us had said we loved each other after that night. Sex was something we also weren't currently doing because we had way too many roommates, One being a child.

Maddox didn't say anything instead he tangled his hand in my hair and held me against his lips. The kiss was passionate and different then any other kiss we had shared before. He was vulnerable here, open to me. Tangling my own hands in his hair I just held him after the kiss ended. This man was my love. My absolute everything, I owed him nothing, but I gave him everything.

He seemed to understand without words how I felt. He smiled softly against my lips as he kissed me again. Running my fingers over all his scars made me both angry he had gotten hurt but proud he had protected his family. I had a scar on my hand from when the windows blew out but it was more of a reminder that I was helpful to him. Maddox rolled his hips against me making water slosh out of the tub onto the floor. I heard him hit the plug draining out some of the water. His rock hard cock was nestled between my legs so close to where I wanted him. Slipping my hand under the water I slipped him inside of me. I had almost forgotten what it felt like to be filled by him. Resting my hand on his shoulders I rode him. I could finally check bathtub sex off my bucket list of places I wanted to be fucked by Maddox. Office sex was number one on my list.